Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Having trouble understanding forums or getting replies to posted forums?

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 1:14am

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

372 posts

If anyone has any ideas or advice, please share. I must admit, I also need advice with this, which is why I'm posting this forum right now. And also, at this moment, I don't fully understand how forums work.

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 2:31am

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

A quick overall then.

Terminology

What you made is called a thread. A thread is started by someone inside a sub-forum, which has a specific range of suitable topics allowed within. The first post is referred to as the OP post.

There are specific rules for using the forums, which you can read here and here.

As for getting replies, those should come naturally if the content of the thread is a suitable topic. Each area may have specific rules, which you can learn by reading the orange push-pin topics at the very top of the list of threads.

Read through this entire thread and it should answer all your questions.

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 2:27pm

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

372 posts

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I'm still new to the site and how things work.

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 8:25pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,785 posts

Knight

Welcome to ArmorGames! I'm R2D2 and I'll be your waiter. May interest you in some chocolate pang with pang?

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 9:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

pang

Welcome to AG. If you need any more help..feel free to leave a message on my profile

Reply to Having trouble understanding forums or getting replies to posted forums?

You must be logged in to post a reply!