Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Which Weapon is Better?

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 11:52pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

What if you mess up the braces? And can you imagine cleaning out all that flesh from your braces? That's a lot down the drain for more dental care.

I'll take good ol' healthy teeth for my biting.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 12:36am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,231 posts

Whoops. This is why AG needs an edit button.

What if you mess up the braces? And can you imagine cleaning out all that flesh from your braces? That's a lot down the drain for more dental care.

See, flesh can rot, which makes it easier for brushing teeth. Not only that, why take it out at all? That rotting flesh can be exactly the thing to give infected bite marks to people. Sure, your dental fees may skyrocket, but it's worth it for the killing machine you'll be having in your mouth.

And messing up your braces? The wires that stick out may hurt even more.
Besides, it's not about the "health benefits of braces". This thread is about which is a more lethal/better weapon. I'd prefer chainsaws for teeth rather than the pearly whites that won't do me any good to have in a fight.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 1:53am

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I choose... Mithril braces. Those would work well.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 7:20am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,214 posts

That rotting flesh can be exactly the thing to give infected bite marks to people.

It will also infect yourself. The flesh would be in your mouth. That will make you sick multiple times. If I'm going to use a weapon I might as well clean it. But my vote stays for braces.

Sure, your dental fees may skyrocket, but it's worth it for the killing machine you'll be having in your mouth.

Some people just want to use weapons to protect themselves, not for exact killing.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 11:38am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,231 posts

It will also infect yourself. The flesh would be in your mouth. That will make you sick multiple times. If I'm going to use a weapon I might as well clean it.

If you brush your teeth twice a day and floss, it's not really a big deal, if you're really concerned with that. Saliva has antibacterial compounds such as secretory IgA and lysozyme, which protects from disease and bacteria quite efficiently.
Sure, it's not going to prevent every disease in the world, but it's efficient enough to protect you from anything you put in your mouth that's food-like. Unless you're eating raw meat or something, it's not really a big deal.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 1:31pm

doomy64

doomy64

13 posts

Braces seem more powerful for obvious reasons,I think I'd go with those

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 1:53pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Compared with the soft tissue of a human... the friction of braces isn't much of a hindrance. In fact, it's more helpful than not, being able to tear flesh while the person is chomping down on the victim.

If this was true then surely evolution would have made animals have teeth that have blobs on the front.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 7:17pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,248 posts

Knight

Braces seems to be a logical conclusion seeing as metal has more strength and cutting force then human teeth alone. Braces definitely.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 10:32pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

A versus thread? I can diggit

you called me?

and as someone who has had braced on, then off, then on, and then off again, I would definitely say braces. good for tearing into flesh and causing gore.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 11:38pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,231 posts

If this was true then surely evolution would have made animals have teeth that have blobs on the front.

You're saying it's possible for evolution to produce teeth with metal wires surrounding the sides? Might as well say that we should've evolved with swords. Braces is an invention and it's not something that evolution can produce easily, if it can. How many animals do you know are evolving with body parts made out metal or a structure similar to it? Morphology can be much more complicated than that.

Also, have you considered that because braces have constant maintenance done on them, it's not efficient should the wearer not take care of his/her teeth with brushing and dentistry? Perhaps something similar to braces showed up along the evolutionary chain. But there were no "dentists" to help it maintain it's usefulness, and obviously the routine of brushing your teeth twice a day was impossible. It's because braces are man-made and are constantly taken care of, that it's so efficient. That's the flaw in your argument. Braces are man-made. Just like a sword or a gun.

Lastly, as a weapon, braces are pretty good. As a weapon, however. If you consider the way food always gets stuck in the braces, it's not the best thing to use. That may explain why omnivores just evolved with the "canines on front and molars in the back" type of teeth set, because if braces were to evolved along with their teeth, it wouldn't be a very efficient way to eat.

Reply to Which Weapon is Better?

You must be logged in to post a reply!