ForumsThe TavernWhich Weapon is Better?

140 33730
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So there were a few people, and they were brainstorming and then told me to make this thread. Blame them, unless this gets really sucessful or something.
This is a discussion over which 'weapon' is better. There might be a lot of unconventional weapons. And all you have to do is argue your point; which weapon you think is better. No spamming or flaming or whatever it is that people do that is annoying.
First up; Biting with or without braces?

• 140 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Biting with braces, because the extra metal will tear off extra human flesh.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

A versus thread? I can diggit

With braces. I can't really see why without would be more beneficial

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Braces. Exactly the reason as Rip.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Without braces. Properly tasting the flesh of Killersup's enemies is the exact reason Killersup is biting them anyway. The braces just give the flesh that horrid metallic flavor.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I would think without because with braces you wouldn't be able to get as deep a cut because the friction would be increased it would probably cause it to be a more jagged wound but I just think the deeper cut would be more beneficial then a shallow jagged cut.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I would think without because with braces you wouldn't be able to get as deep a cut because the friction would be increased it would probably cause it to be a more jagged wound but I just think the deeper cut would be more beneficial then a shallow jagged cut.

I disagree. First, do you know how strong the power of a human jaw can be? The average strength is about 110-150 lbs of force, sometimes even more based on studies.

Compared with the soft tissue of a human... the friction of braces isn't much of a hindrance. In fact, it's more helpful than not, being able to tear flesh while the person is chomping down on the victim.

Second, I believe that jagged cuts are more lethal than clean cuts. Jagged cuts tend to make blood spill out quicker (for a lack of a better word) due to the larger wound area.

Another advantage of braces, is it's ability to have things (such as leftover food) stuck in it. Surely, that would allow bacteria and other nasty pathogens to hide beneath hard-to-reach areas of braces, and therefore, having braces have a higher chance of giving an infection to the wound than without.

Overall, Braces give more advantages than disadvantages when it comes to being an unconventional weapon.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I think braces, mostly because the extra metal will tear off more skin, which means more bloodloss.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I think braces, mostly because the extra metal will tear off more skin, which means more bloodloss.

Now that wasn't so hard...now was it? =p

Now give us a better reason!! D=
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

There was supposed to be a less than sign at the end of that emoticon =/

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

What if you mess up the braces? And can you imagine cleaning out all that flesh from your braces? That's a lot down the drain for more dental care.

I'll take good ol' healthy teeth for my biting.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Whoops. This is why AG needs an edit button.

What if you mess up the braces? And can you imagine cleaning out all that flesh from your braces? That's a lot down the drain for more dental care.

See, flesh can rot, which makes it easier for brushing teeth. Not only that, why take it out at all? That rotting flesh can be exactly the thing to give infected bite marks to people. Sure, your dental fees may skyrocket, but it's worth it for the killing machine you'll be having in your mouth.

And messing up your braces? The wires that stick out may hurt even more.
Besides, it's not about the "health benefits of braces". This thread is about which is a more lethal/better weapon. I'd prefer chainsaws for teeth rather than the pearly whites that won't do me any good to have in a fight.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I choose... Mithril braces. Those would work well.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

That rotting flesh can be exactly the thing to give infected bite marks to people.

It will also infect yourself. The flesh would be in your mouth. That will make you sick multiple times. If I'm going to use a weapon I might as well clean it. But my vote stays for braces.

Sure, your dental fees may skyrocket, but it's worth it for the killing machine you'll be having in your mouth.

Some people just want to use weapons to protect themselves, not for exact killing.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It will also infect yourself. The flesh would be in your mouth. That will make you sick multiple times. If I'm going to use a weapon I might as well clean it.

If you brush your teeth twice a day and floss, it's not really a big deal, if you're really concerned with that. Saliva has antibacterial compounds such as secretory IgA and lysozyme, which protects from disease and bacteria quite efficiently.
Sure, it's not going to prevent every disease in the world, but it's efficient enough to protect you from anything you put in your mouth that's food-like. Unless you're eating raw meat or something, it's not really a big deal.
doomy64
doomy64
12 posts
Blacksmith

Braces seem more powerful for obvious reasons,I think I'd go with those

Showing 1-15 of 140