ForumsThe TavernWhich Weapon is Better?

140 33768
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So there were a few people, and they were brainstorming and then told me to make this thread. Blame them, unless this gets really sucessful or something.
This is a discussion over which 'weapon' is better. There might be a lot of unconventional weapons. And all you have to do is argue your point; which weapon you think is better. No spamming or flaming or whatever it is that people do that is annoying.
First up; Biting with or without braces?

• 140 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Compared with the soft tissue of a human... the friction of braces isn't much of a hindrance. In fact, it's more helpful than not, being able to tear flesh while the person is chomping down on the victim.

If this was true then surely evolution would have made animals have teeth that have blobs on the front.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Braces seems to be a logical conclusion seeing as metal has more strength and cutting force then human teeth alone. Braces definitely.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

A versus thread? I can diggit

you called me?

and as someone who has had braced on, then off, then on, and then off again, I would definitely say braces. good for tearing into flesh and causing gore.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

If this was true then surely evolution would have made animals have teeth that have blobs on the front.

You're saying it's possible for evolution to produce teeth with metal wires surrounding the sides? Might as well say that we should've evolved with swords. Braces is an invention and it's not something that evolution can produce easily, if it can. How many animals do you know are evolving with body parts made out metal or a structure similar to it? Morphology can be much more complicated than that.

Also, have you considered that because braces have constant maintenance done on them, it's not efficient should the wearer not take care of his/her teeth with brushing and dentistry? Perhaps something similar to braces showed up along the evolutionary chain. But there were no "dentists" to help it maintain it's usefulness, and obviously the routine of brushing your teeth twice a day was impossible. It's because braces are man-made and are constantly taken care of, that it's so efficient. That's the flaw in your argument. Braces are man-made. Just like a sword or a gun.

Lastly, as a weapon, braces are pretty good. As a weapon, however. If you consider the way food always gets stuck in the braces, it's not the best thing to use. That may explain why omnivores just evolved with the "canines on front and molars in the back" type of teeth set, because if braces were to evolved along with their teeth, it wouldn't be a very efficient way to eat.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So braces wins. Good, AG people, I was expecting that. Now for another round, even though it hasn't been a week, because otherwise this will die and that shall sadden me. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be, but you never know.

THE MAGNIFICENT QUESTION: Kicked in the face with cleats or heels?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yay Storm! You continue it!

Oh geez being kicked by both... I'd have to say heels. Heels are powerful thingies.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

*eyebrow raise* Is that all you have to say?

No. Just couldn't see your post, so had to post something.

I'd say it depends on the material. Metal cleats, for example, would cause much more injury to faces of your opponents than rubber soles of shoes. If it's made out of the same material, however, I think that heels would win. I've been kicked by both of them, so I know. =)
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Well, I have to go for Cleats.

This thing about high heels that, the kicker has a bloody hard time balancing and might even fall off if the guy misses the kick. Also, high heels give a weird form to the kicker's feet and compromise the power of the kick.

Cleats on the other hand, gives the user much better balancing.

But assuming this is not really a fight and just a test, I'd still go for Cleats since the strength of kicks relies on the balance of the guy...

Still, both are blooded painful.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm going to have to go heels on this.

See..with cleats..we have a large distribution of contact points whenever the kick occurs. Because of this, the pressure of the kick will be spread out, weakening the effect of it (similar to how walking on a large amount of hot coal or broken glass is actually quite easy).

With the heel, it is that one point..that one specific distribution location that will have all the force behind it alone.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I'm gonna say heels. They don't usually serve a purpose except to torture the feet. But they could serve as a great weapon too.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Heels.

You see, in a kick, the force is usually put straight through the leg into the heel. Where are most of the points in the cleats? In front, where they are good for gripping when someone runs, but they are of no use there for kicks; they will at most make some bloody scratches on the face. Heels on the other hand...
As pang pointed out, the heels concentrate the power of the kick on one point, like a nail. This makes heels for a bloody perforating weapon, especially needle heels. Seriously, I have the greatest respect for such shoes, for even if held in the hand you can hit quite deadly with it. With a high placed, solid kick in the face, it can put a hole in your head.

Heels also make for a cleaner kick. Cleats won't go deep, but will bloody the face (especially if you drag your foot down from the face, scratching everything). I dunno if this is an advantage or not, just thought I'd throw it in too.

Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

i dunno since i'am a sword fan i'd have to go with swords but i like heels alot XD a heel in the groin

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Going to have to say cleats. Cleats could knock out all teeth, but a heel will only take two or three teeth.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Anything else to say, or should we move onto the next question?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Cleats, if they don't have the spikes in.

Showing 16-30 of 140