Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Nazi unit leader found in US

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:16am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

They did not rape, they were Christians, led by priests

LOL!!!!
OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing! As if no christians have ever raped anybody?!
Thats not even an applicable statement in modern times, much less so in the dark ages.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:40am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

Anyone who was in the SS vulenteerd to do so. If the masses didnt wanted to act so, they wouldnt. Hitler and his companions didnt had magical power.

I would encourage you to read up on social psychology experiments about obedience and conformity.

Zimbardo

Milgram

It is not magic. As a species we are programmed to stay within the norms of our social context. If everyone in a room is doing one thing, or giving one answer, you are (statistically) likely to do the same. This doesn't mean you are weak or stupid or lacking will-power. It is just a consequence of our species natural drive for social cohesion. Likely, this was one of the reasons our species was/is so successful.
Ordinary people are capable of doing terrible things, given the right (wrong) circumstances, that are completely out of character or against their nature. Just like if everyone in a room is doing something, if everyone in your entire country is doing something, there will be great pressure for you to do it as well. And considering that this was before the internet, when dissenting voices where much harder to come by. It does not excuse what they did, but it explains it.
This old dude should be punished for what he did. Just like everyone who does terrible things.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:57am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

Sorry for the triple post.

is it worth to keep someone locked up in prison for a indefinite amount of time (in the usa on average it was 12 year or so. if i remember right) when they have been sentenced to death?

Excluding texas, cuz they LUV killins themselves some people, but also they are pro-life
Yeah, (angry-rant-about-the-private-prison-industry aside), there are a significant number of people on death row in America who die of natural causes because it takes so long. But they won't try to execute this guy I'd guess (1, not worth it because he won't live that long anyway, 2, don't know legality of it).

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:03pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

But they won't try to execute this guy I'd guess (1, not worth it because he won't live that long anyway, 2, don't know legality of it).

no1 should be executed.
a life in prison seems more harsh then death to me.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:07pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

too soon, too soon......
i had to add:

the point was that those 12 years costs more then the 5 or so this old guy has left. maybe he wont make it to tomorrow. thats why he should be summoned rather today then tomorrow.

this time stretching until his death wont do justice justice.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:08pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

Go Texas.

And hey, I'd love free health care, but that's another whole issue.

I'd say just execute him. He's 94, it's not like he'd be in prison that long. Plus, he'd just be in the hospital for likely a large portion of his incarceration.

Death Penalty!

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:17pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Go Texas.

you should give it to mexico

And hey, I'd love free health care, but that's another whole issue.

so will he have when he is in france for his trail.

anyway, the question you asked befor doesn't come up in my books. because he would have free health care like anyone else. nothing extra would be spend on him needing medical help.

he'd just be in the hospital for likely a large portion of his incarceration.

not all old people need medical help.

Death Penalty!

barbarian

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:44pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

a life in prison seems more harsh then death to me.

Yeah, I was going to add that but I was trying to be concise. Death row in the US is so bad they have a thing called Death Row Phenomenon. It is basically torture they way they do it, and after years and years of severe emotional distress, 23 hr/day or more of isolation in a 4ft-10ft cell, the result is massive mental health issues, delusions, hallucinations, suicide and self-mutilation. One guy in california death row stabbed himself in both eyes. Once that healed, he killed himself.
So yes, it is torture.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 6:47pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

what else you expect when you let people wait for their deaths?

let me put it this way then.
a life a prison is harsh enough....
no need to emotionally torture people that are simple waiting to die. without any hope for anything.

Posted Jul 4, '13 at 7:38am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Its a good thing this waiting. Its purpose is to let the prisoner more than enough time to appeal, or to the police to find new evidence.

Anyway, to all of these Miligram fans - yea, i know, i learnd psycholigy in high school. But like a kid who throw a water ballon on a teacher "because everyone did it" or a member of a lynch who just joined ib without even knowing why, he need to be punished.

And even more, HE WAS A SS. if he was a "normal" solider i would understand your arguement. But he vulenteered. No one asked for foregien help fron the occupied nations. They did it because they belived in it. He was an officer god dammet.

Hitler got to power by democratic election. Its not then the poor poor germans were all threarend to follow him by a private SA for every person in germany to do so. Its easy to ay "i just followed orders", but thats an excse. They knew whats going on.and they preferd to close there eyes, with only a small bunch of peoples trying to help.

Sure, when a officer yell at you to shot, mostly you will. But you also need to suffer the consequnces.