Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Nazi unit leader found in US

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 10:43am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

What about the Jews, the gypsies, the physically and mentally disabled, the opposition members who were hunted down like they were animals? Are such significant groups to be ignored?

It was wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't, but everyone does wrong.  Spartans threw their handicap babies to their death, which only made them stronger.  It was wrong, but it made a stronger nation.  People lack morals, back then, and now.  I could swear that we already went over the Christian genocides.

He did it for a race....that incongruous statement is in itself a show of Hitler's titanic evil, and an unwitting confirmation on your part of that malevolence. It is racism in its purest, most refined form, a blatant prejudice and bigotry that ended in blood and death. There is nothing redeeming of him in the grand plot of history.

As you all may know, I'm extremely racist, yet I hold it back on here.  I respect a man who holds his race so high that he fights to keep it high.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 11:01am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

It was wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't, but everyone does wrong.  Spartans threw their handicap babies to their death, which only made them stronger.  It was wrong, but it made a stronger nation.  People lack morals, back then, and now.  I could swear that we already went over the Christian genocides.

Did Germany come out of WWII stronger? Arguably no. It became a splintered country, straddled across two hostile camps, with a divided people housed in a capital that was itself split in half.

The disheartening lack of morals of some portions of humanity, the reason that such incidents will happen no matter what, and the weak argument that gaining strength (at such terrible cost) are arguments that do not hold water when it comes to such issues. There is no use defending Nazism as an ideology.

It is extremely contradictory that you claim to respect a man who holds his race high, yet at the same time look down upon him. Within every racist is the fearful urge to be the superior, to actively but erroneously attempt to triumph over a set of stereotypes flimsily constructed over an actual group, due to his/her own internal psychological insecurities.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 11:53am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

Yes you can, due to mitigating factors like old age. Has happened before as detailed in my previous post.

the only times i know of it happens is when they have been longer (or just as long) in pre-arrest. as the maximum initial sentence can be. (might check that link later)

I do not think that the United States government is going to let this man loose even at his age.

it would be hypocritical of them to not do it.
remember last year that that guy from the uk was summoned befor a american judge. while he has never been in the usa. and what he did was perfectly legal to do in the uk. where he was and did it.
and still he is taken to a usa prison.

more wrong then that, can't be.
and now they want to protect a SS leader to be convicted for his crimes?
IDIOTS!!

Everything in the discussion* rests on the assumption that enough evidence can be found for him to be charged, if not, then by all means he should be ruled innocent.

+1

but I'm just saying that he did it for his race and country. People of Germany Cheered and supported him.

hitlers "├╝bermensch" was the "aryan race." thats the scandinavian race. blue eye's blond hair.. you know.(i hope) he himself was not aryan. he had blue eye's but not blond hair. and neither does most of the germans.
also, he was austrian not german. xD

I'm extremely racist,

didn't know, but it doesn't surprise me the slightest bit.

There is no use defending Nazism as an ideology.

in some countries you will end up in jail for that. better locking away such mind then getting a possibility 3rd war. is their idea. (and right they are.)

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 12:32pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

the only times i know of it happens is when they have been longer (or just as long) in pre-arrest. as the maximum initial sentence can be. (might check that link later)

I gave a case earlier.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 6:58pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

Whilst the laws of each country differs on punishment and whether the country places more emphasis on civil or common law, it would not be wholly unsafe to opine that the French and US system have more in common than not. Historically, the US has indeed been harsher on ex-Nazi leaders than France, but that doesn't derail the process in my opinion. Criminals are still criminals, and the basic message every ruling passed should establish is that; the law is not to be trifled with, and the authorities will take every possible measure against criminals.

Yes, I believe that criminals should be punished as well. However, I don't believe that the law is more powerful then human instinct. Naturally, I am going to feel bad. And with that, I choose my instinct over the law because in a sense instinct is the laws in which your mind naturally responds too. He can be trialed and deemed a criminal, that's fine, but if he is punished for something that he may have been forced into I believe that law should bend in a way. That or prepare for cases like that.

Maybe to us, but they were very held up and respected men.  The people of Germany loved them.  People simply teach us that they were evil so that we wouldn't hold him up as an icon and start killing Jews.

No, that is not why. You don't need to be taught to know that what he did was evil. They tell you what he did, you come up with you're own decision. And the people of Germany liked hm because he restored order when none existed anymore. And he was getting revenge that the people of Germany lusted for. But the German people didn't want to be under control by the way the Nazi's went about it.

While the German people wished harm to the jewish people, at the time, they didn't want the Holocaust. No one wanted it but the Nazi's.

As you all may know, I'm extremely racist, yet I hold it back on here.  I respect a man who holds his race so high that he fights to keep it high.

There are no race differences in humanity.

also, he was austrian not german. xD

Most people over look this factor saying that some Germans are Nazi's, when in fact, one of the founders of it was indeed Austrian.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 9:14pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Yes, I believe that criminals should be punished as well. However, I don't believe that the law is more powerful then human instinct. Naturally, I am going to feel bad. And with that, I choose my instinct over the law because in a sense instinct is the laws in which your mind naturally responds too. He can be trialed and deemed a criminal, that's fine, but if he is punished for something that he may have been forced into I believe that law should bend in a way. That or prepare for cases like that.

The base conundrum with that is that feelings/instincts/emotions vary wildly between people. The law itself is as devoid as possible (or so we trust and hope) of such subjective factors that will sway the outcome unfairly.

Most people over look this factor saying that some Germans are Nazi's, when in fact, one of the founders of it was indeed Austrian.

This is one of the better known discrepancies about Hitler. Hitler was indeed Austrian, in the sense that he was a citizen of the state of Austria-Hungary, and not of the German Empire. However, he was by all accounts (dodging nasty rumors about being fractionally Jewish), an ethnic German, and that's all that matters. Austria Hungary was a ethnically varied place, with an equally cosmopolitan capital city,  and the Germans were one of the more significant groups there.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 10:29pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

Race is an arbitrary thing we apply to form groups. It's largely irrelevant  genetically speaking.

Do Human Races Exist?
The Science of Human Races, Part 1
The Science of Human Race, Part 2

"Bele: It is obvious to the most simpleminded that Lokai is of an inferior breed.
Mr. Spock: The obvious visual evidence, Commissioner, is that he is of the same breed as yourself.
Bele: Are you blind, Commander Spock? Well, look at me. Look at me!
Captain James T. Kirk: You are black on one side and white on the other.
Bele: I am black on the right side!
" - Star Trek, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 12:24am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

"Bele: It is obvious to the most simpleminded that Lokai is of an inferior breed.
Mr. Spock: The obvious visual evidence, Commissioner, is that he is of the same breed as yourself.
Bele: Are you blind, Commander Spock? Well, look at me. Look at me!
Captain James T. Kirk: You are black on one side and white on the other.
Bele: I am black on the right side!" - Star Trek, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

And their planet was destroyed in the conflict between left side black, and right side black.

Since, I don't feel like reading the last 7 pages, please excuse any points already debated.

This is one of the better known discrepancies about Hitler. Hitler was indeed Austrian, in the sense that he was a citizen of the state of Austria-Hungary, and not of the German Empire. However, he was by all accounts (dodging nasty rumors about being fractionally Jewish), an ethnic German, and that's all that matters. Austria Hungary was a ethnically varied place, with an equally cosmopolitan capital city,  and the Germans were one of the more significant groups there.

Didn't he "gratefully" accepts austria's "desire" to be reunited with Germany?

And for being Jewish, if I remember correctly from WHAP, his mother at one point had relations with a jewish man, and some suspect that is who fathered hitler.

There are no race differences in humanity.

Everyone is different in their own way.

Spartans threw their handicap babies to their death, which only made them stronger

Their refusal to accept change was part of what brought about their downfall, iirc.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 12:29am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Didn't he "gratefully" accepts austria's "desire" to be reunited with Germany?

And for being Jewish, if I remember correctly from WHAP, his mother at one point had relations with a jewish man, and some suspect that is who fathered hitler.

He did enact Anschluss, although there's nothing in that action that has any bearing on this side discussion, unless you care to explain further.

The Jewish link has always been rumored, but never proven solidly.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 6:00am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

he was by all accounts (dodging nasty rumors about being fractionally Jewish)

DNA research in the 90's in belgium has shown that hitler was part jewish and part african. of course his family could have abandoned the jewish believe generations ago. and so he wouldn't be really a jew anymore in the sense of religion and status. but it was part of his family somewhere in his family history.

an ethnic German, and that's all that matters. Austria Hungary was a ethnically varied place, with an equally cosmopolitan capital city,  and the Germans were one of the more significant groups there.

so true. funny tho that his ubermensch was the scandinavian race and not the german race.... xD