ForumsGamesFavorite Video Game Companion

23 7139
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

You can often handle enemies and stages on your own. But what if there is part that you can't reach or enemies you can't handle, that's where companions come in. So, what's your favorite video game companion?

• 23 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Faendal on skyrim is one of my favourites because he stays out of my way and still kills a lot of enemies because he is an awesome archer the other companions just run in and get in front of my shots and stop me from killing stuff so if he dies on me I end up restarting the game a lot of the time.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Annoying Fan from Oblivion.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Never been a huge fan of followers. It seems like they usually just get in my way (left 4 dead) or they aren't good enough at sneaking (Oblivion). Or they just don't contribute enough (Payday). I also don't like trying to protect a near worthless companion that literally does nothing but die.

Dog from Half-life 2 is a great mini-companion that will help from time to time. And he even likes to race

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Cha-cha from Monster Hunter

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Just this year I got two new favorites in EIlie (The Last of Us) and Elizabeth (BioShock: Infinite).

DragonMod101
DragonMod101
13 posts
Nomad

Lil'Jacob from GTA IV. Dude was so cool/mellow. Through the entire game he turned out to be like your best friend. Also, Roman, same game. I'm a sucker for those lame jokes that he tells.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Claptrap, Borderlands 2
Although he doesnt help you, he likes to think he does. Plus he is pretty funny at times.

EngiTheViking
EngiTheViking
12 posts
Nomad

Boone, F:NV

He seems the most 'damaged' out of the rest of the characters.He's the only one who has a story that is worth telling. He's also, in my opinion, the most useful. Especially if you need someone to distract the Cazadores.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

the only time i liked companions on a game was left 4 dead, most of the time the AI gets in the way alot

xaeros
xaeros
54 posts
Scribe

Cha-cha from Monster Hunter

if he doesn't die in a second against the hardest quests xD

My favourite was Clank, from Ratchet and Clank series. It wasn't really a character, so I put it in the companion category, though it is really important in the story and gameplay. He is probably the most useful Companion you'll ever have. You can't go through the game without him. be it the helicopter/jetpack function, or more accurately the game parts where you have to control him to unlock the rest of the adventure \\o/
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It's an obvious choice...NAVI!

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Cable from Deadpool is a baller xD

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

But out of all seriousness, Midna from Twilight Princess was awesome.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Better than Fi.

I would pick one from Zelda but they were all annoying.

So instead I'm going to pick F.L.U.D.D. from Super Mario Sunshine. He doesn't get in your way(cause he's strapped to your back), he's not annoying, and he can grant Mario abilities that are just so fun.
Showing 1-15 of 23