ForumsWEPRWe're eating poison

79 31426
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013/06/17/gmo-global-alert-2yr-scientific-study-certifies-gmo-is-poison-cancer-causing/

The food companies are using pesticides that cause cancer. It's scientifically proven and it's horrible. Monsanto doesn't know what they're doing, and someone has to change it. Either shut them down, or make find a cleaner, and healthier way, to live.

• 79 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

error 404

Sincerest apologies, but it seems we cannot find what you are looking for.
Please try searching, or our homepage.

btw why would the companies use pesticides? it are the farmers that use pesticides. also is the very old news. in europe we have rules for farmers to follow considering how to protect their crops. more then 10 year already that is.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Link fix:

Just today I read that a regional lab around here looked at some asiatic food like Cantonese lettuce, and stated that only few grams of such food contains a pesticide dosis of several times the reference values.

As partydevil said, old news. You gotta know where your food comes and what regulations are valable there (and how well they're respected).

Monsanto doesn't know what they're doing,

I would say they know, but don't care. Or don't know because they didn't care to investigate. Either way, they don't care about us. That's long since well known.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Just something to consider before we get into lambasting GMOs as a whole.

inFact: The Unpopular Facts about GMOs

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

The food companies are using pesticides that cause cancer.

Because consuming things which have had stuff sprayed all over them designed to repel or kill other organisms is a brilliant idea. Though I don't know how strong the correlation is, it certainly can't have any good effects.

This isn't news.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Who the **** said this is old? Yeah, my mom's been talking about this for 8 years now, but a lot of things on this forum are like that. Who the hell cares?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

but a lot of things on this forum are like that. Who the hell cares?

The difference is..you are offering this as if it is new news.

Plus, it is really just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Most chemicals are put into a product in low enough doses that it isn't as harmful as people like to make it out to be (Brominated Vegetable Oil, for example)
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Tests show that rats died a lot faster when eating the chemicals. It must be somewhat harmful to us.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Rats. Not humans.

And in large doses they can be harmful...but then again, the foods themselves can be harmful to us in large doses.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It just so happens that there are alot of fat people in the world who eat a crapload.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The food companies are using pesticides that cause cancer. It's scientifically proven and it's horrible. Monsanto doesn't know what they're doing, and someone has to change it. Either shut them down, or make find a cleaner, and healthier way, to live.

Monsanto is a criminal organization and since they have so much power, they can abuse people without being punished for it.
Thanks to the Conservative agenda that wants the corporations to do what they want, we are screwed more and more everyday.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Tests show that rats died a lot faster when eating the chemicals. It must be somewhat harmful to us.

It brings a tear to my eye when I see someone previously-deadlocked in their way of thinking to finally looking at things in an Evolutionary perspective. It's like we're actually doing something good around here!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Harmful, but I can't afford organic stuff. It's tasty anyway.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Are you referring tot he study where they had pictures of rats with cancer after eating GMOs? The study that used rats with a predisposition to developing cancer, incredibly low sample sizes and was funded by people who would have something to gain from the discontinued sale of all GMO products?

Now don't get me wrong I'm not defending Monsanto. They have plenty wrong in their field. I'm just trying to be cautious about having GMO = poison.

Monsanto is a criminal organization and since they have so much power, they can abuse people without being punished for it.
Thanks to the Conservative agenda that wants the corporations to do what they want, we are screwed more and more everyday.

Conservative: We want government deregulation!
Conservative: We want to government to stop this company from doing whatever it wants!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Conservative: We want government deregulation!
Conservative: We want to government to stop this company from doing whatever it wants!

Never pleasing some folk.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Never pleasing some folk.

Conservatives believe that everyone has their own rights. If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead. Conservatives just protest that these corporations make most of the food we eat. Aside form organic, there should be another way.

Showing 1-15 of 79