ForumsGamesColony Tournament 2013

98 15943
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Hi all,

Welcome to the page that the 2013 Colony Tournament will be discussed at... So discuss about it. 1v1, 2v2, all ideas are welcome. Also decide the date and who's running it. If it was up to me, it will happen within the next month and a half, but its not my decision yet.

• 98 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I don't think a 2v2 tourney would work, just because there probably wouldn't be enough teams anyway. And after last year's tourney, I'm thinking a 1v1 tournament would generally work better.

I have no idea about the date/host. For now, I'll just wait for someone else to post

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Yea I was thinking the same thing about 2v2 tourneys... but this year we could record all the matches and put on youtube

SpeedyDEMONx
SpeedyDEMONx
1 posts
Peasant

so....

buffro
buffro
30 posts
Jester

i think 2v2 could work if we promoted this enough and got ppl committed...finding a date that everyone could play on might be difficult with summer plans and all

PhantomLurker
PhantomLurker
4 posts
Nomad

Hmm.. the only thing I'm speculating is whether we could get some sort of "ladder" system set up, where there is a hierarchy-like advancement, until the final two people are left. Organizing the times, and dates for all the tourneys would be tough, and figuring out the OFFICIAL tourney rooms, but it is possible

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I was thinking as of the last 2 seconds... (For this example i will say we have 32 people in the tourney... unrealistic will probably get somewhere between 10 and 20)

Round of 32- Best of 3
Round of 16- Best of 3
Round of 8- Best of 5
Semi Finals- Either Best of 5 or Round Robin
Finals- Best of 7

And then idk how scheduling would work, but perhaps give each "group" a 1/2 hour to play their matches (Best of 3), then like 45 minutes for best of 5, and an hour for best of 7.

royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

I am up for it. This sounds great. I am most likely going to miss it though. Sorry. Figure out when then I will compete possibly.

guest12345
guest12345
2 posts
Nomad

im up 4 it

Iamicecreamman
Iamicecreamman
1 posts
Nomad

Should the matches be randomized somehow. Like a standard gov. for everyone, or have something like a lobby vote for the type of match: Earthquake, Normal, etc. ?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Chess I've seen many tourney's go up in flames, but I'll try even if the chances are slim.

Clausse
Clausse
66 posts
Shepherd

Well im in and i think 1v1 is better indeed if not enough players though i think we should wait untill we know how much players we have cause a 2v2 tourney if more fun scince u'll get teamwork and stuff

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

I shall join. I think we should do 1 vs 1 because your ally may get afk (very common for me).

alpha2122
alpha2122
2 posts
Peasant

up for it i have an 720 HD recorder and an good comp that i wont really lagg. also can u tell us when it will start?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Considering that there hasn't really been a 2v2 tournament that has worked out yet, I really think 1v1 would be the better option.

And I also think the tourney should probably be started as quickly as possible. We don't want this is get carried over into the school year, because that would basically be an instant death wish for it. Also, I think less players will pull a no-show if they have a smaller gap between when they sign up and when they have to play their match. That doesn't mean to rush sign-ups or anything, but I don't want to wait until August to start the matches.

Masterofcolony12
Masterofcolony12
6 posts
Nomad

2v2 tourneys -_- u probably lose from ur partner

Showing 1-15 of 98