ForumsGamesColony Tournament 2013

98 15946
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Hi all,

Welcome to the page that the 2013 Colony Tournament will be discussed at... So discuss about it. 1v1, 2v2, all ideas are welcome. Also decide the date and who's running it. If it was up to me, it will happen within the next month and a half, but its not my decision yet.

• 98 Replies
RAZIYAN
RAZIYAN
1 posts
Nomad

that sounds preety good but we need people who will only be organizers and wont take part. coz the selected one will watch while other 2 fight. no glitch fair fight. sounds good?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

So can we agree, 1v1 Normal? No glitch! Sign-ups asap?

i think we should wait untill we know how much players we have cause a 2v2 tourney if more fun

Hate to be totally against what you just said, but 2v2 tourneys are just way too hard to organize and there is a shortage of players since the game is, what 4 years old now? I mean if you wanted a 2v2 tourney a year in, you might have had a chance, but there was one and that got shot down by no shows.
ryanburke52
ryanburke52
3 posts
Nomad

I think a 2 v. 2 would work a lot better, and I would be willing to help set the whole thing up. We should start a sign up (thread?) somewhere.

Masterofcolony12
Masterofcolony12
6 posts
Nomad

i hope it works and i hope it attracts more players because im sick of playing vs cpus

ryanburke52
ryanburke52
3 posts
Nomad

On second thought, 1v1 would work better, but either way I would help set up

ryanburke52
ryanburke52
3 posts
Nomad

On second thought, 1v1 would work better, but either way I would help set up

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

No need for the extra help... Sign-up here:

http://challonge.com/colonysummertournament

It's free to sign-up, has a nice setup, and has it's own discussion page. It shows you who won each game for each group, and the winner for that group. Organizes the groups automatically.

As a side note, the tourney will be double elimination:

If you lose your first Best of 3 series, you will have a chance to continue on with other people who lost, giving people a second chance and keeping the games more interesting with similar playing abilities.

Pros will be playing pros instead of destroying the competition and the competition will have a chance to continue on playing people of their own skill instead of people who will dominate against them.

buffro
buffro
30 posts
Jester

Pros will be playing pros instead of destroying the competition and the competition will have a chance to continue on playing people of their own skill instead of people who will dominate against them.

how will skill level be determined? what defines someone as a &quotro"?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I just mean the top players in the game wont kill everyones chances of winning. If it was just single elimination we would know who would go on, people like pill and MBA, and the others would be eliminated. In this style players have 2 lives in a way. They lose one they have a chance of continuing on without people like MBA and pill killing them, they will have a fair fight with someone of their own level.

fred2003
fred2003
1 posts
Nomad

ooh

buffro
buffro
30 posts
Jester

ok

clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

can anyone join?

PhantomLurker
PhantomLurker
4 posts
Nomad

Why I'll be! That site for the bracket listing is really cool :O Guess that problem is off the charts.

kriva12
kriva12
1 posts
Nomad

I can join or even record up to 1080 quality so ether way im cool with it sounds like fun!

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

lol Colony isn't in HD so record all that detail is just a waste of memory. Just stick to 360p or 480p

Showing 16-30 of 98