ForumsGamesXbox one backs out and allows trade-in games

29 5147
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

After realizing that what they've already announced to the world was stupid, Microsoft changed their plans and now allow trade-in games.

• 29 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

But they still keep it always online and having kinect watch you all the time your xbox is on.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

But they still keep it always online

No, no they don't. They removed the 24 hour internet connection thing.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you don't need internet for offline games anymore.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

They removed the 24 hour internet connection thing.

Didn't realise that but I noticed it doesn't say that they removed it completely they just said every 24 hours so it might still be there but every few days or weekly.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

You still have to connect online one time to install the patches. So basically, you have to update your Xbone to make it work offline. Still a lot better than connecting every day though.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Remember though, they still have all rights to change anything. They can add DRM back six months after release, don't get your hopes up.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Remember though, they still have all rights to change anything. They can add DRM back six months after release, don't get your hopes up.

Plus there's this:
I wouldn't put it past them to re-enable that **** once they get a good amount of sales.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Thing is still 100 money over PS4

And it will be hard to make the consumers forget about the **** that MS was not only about to take on them...but presented to them as if it were a good thing

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Of course, they couldn't re-enable it on already patched consoles, especially if they are always offline like they would be. You still have a good opportunity not to have to put up with their DMR.

Since it's software couldn't they just send a downloadable update out for it?
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Not if it isn't connected to the Internet.

Then they can just put a firmware update on the disc itself, like they're already doing.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Then their is this supposed "first draft" of the update that Jeol posted on Sky9.

WARNING: Contains strong Language (for those who don't care for reading such documents)

~~~Darth Caedus

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Anyone see the article about what the creator of the system said about having to change all of this? Look it up, one of my friends showed it to me a few hours ago.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Then their is this supposed "first draft"

Site is satire, aka that's not real. It's just what the author thinks what Don Mattrick is thinking.
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Thanks for pointing that out, now I can feel better knowing that Don Mattrick doesn't think that we're all ingrates.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Nah..he probably does

Showing 1-15 of 29