ForumsPopular MediaWhat makes a good Rpg Video Main character

11 6215
Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone i am making this thread purely but mostly to just regain some ideas of my main character aswell as gathering opinions of others so what a good rpg main character? he can be selfless of course

• 11 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Dude, wrong section. This needs to be in Video Games or Flash Games section.

Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

okay well then i'll just get a mod to do it for me then that lazy okay

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

he can be selfless of course
What if I told you characters could be female?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

What if I told you characters could be female?

What if I chimed in and agreed, before lamenting that there aren't enough female main characters?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'd probably tell you not to patronize me.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'd probably tell you not to patronize me.

When I was just expressing my agreement? D:
Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

:O OMGGG!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! O_O

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

honestly... i think what makes a good character are the other characters.

the way they interact is what make us like the different things about them. the characters in ff10 were so different from each other and i just had to love all of them. on the other hand... i cant stand it when they just push a bunch of emo "life sucks" characters into one game because those characters are "cool".

any character can be great as long as they are easy to relate to and understand. usually ones fav characters from video games/movies/shows are those he can relate to the most.

characters that you just cant relate to for example vaan from ff12, amarant (is that even his name?) from ff9 are pointless and usually hated.

Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

hmm you have a got a point there oh yes & vaan didn't really he wasn't that of a prominent character not as much of that of balthier or basch for that matter

Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

amarant was like umm well he wasn't like part of the party he just goes of wandering of like he's not part of anyone all to himself selfish stubborn & arrogant

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

he was an excuse for the cool lonely wolf. he actally is techincally part of your party and you can choose him. he was so uninteresting most people dont even remember his name. im surprised i did.

i think the only reason i remembered his name was BECAUSE i had to check it on the internet

Showing 1-11 of 11