ForumsThe TavernWhat were you told you would grow out of but never did?

71 19542
AskReddit
AskReddit
5 posts
Nomad

Credit to murphy1210 for this awesome question.

All questions are taken from Reddit.

• 71 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

The fear from the dark. Now its a little worse. But hey, i have a M16 under my pillow, so ow i can be dangerous to my surrounding too.

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Acting like a child. It's just too much fun, I don't see why everyone else doesn't act like a kid too.

Anyways..no, I don't like bacon either

Ho-how..... Th-thi-this c-c-can't happen........ E-everyone l-likes b-b-b-bacon.....
MysterDuck
MysterDuck
102 posts
Jester

Pokemon
Childish Cartoons
Childish Video Games
Nintendo
Toys

I mean, all other people are like: What's your age? Aren't you a little bit old for Pokemon? That's for kids! Cartoons? Eh, watch a movie or a reality TV Show. Nintendo? What's that? You're childish, so it's for kids. Toys? Even kids these days stopped playing with toys? Yeah totally

Yeah, always like that

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Procrastination. They all said it was a phase.... Haha! Jokes on them!

Yeah I know right.

Another thing was Pokemon. I never really grew out of it. I still occasionally play it. Honestly, I don't think Pokemon is childish, the characters are childish but the game requires strategy. Pokemon games were always lengthy and extensive.
benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

Cartoons and dyslexia.
Cartoons are probably better than the reality shows on TV anyways so I won on that one.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Another thing was Pokemon. I never really grew out of it. I still occasionally play it. Honestly, I don't think Pokemon is childish, the characters are childish but the game requires strategy. Pokemon games were always lengthy and extensive.

Saying Pokemon is childish is like saying the RPG genre is childish. Plus, play it Nuzlocke..and the game intensifies tenfold.

[quote=benman113]and dyslexia[/quote]

Wait wat. Grow out..of dyslexia?

Maybe I'll grow out of my colourblindness one day..
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

hating things for a long time chough*gangnam style and CoD black ops1*chough

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

ACNE. I have an adult face and an adult body, but I still have the skin of a 13-year-old. And not one of those lucky 13-year-olds with clear skin.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Adults make Pokemon. It can't be childish if adults make it. In fact, most of the things in life that people say are childish aren't actually. Video Games, board games, Cartoons, all are things that are not childish.

I found out another thing. Stuffed animals. Never out crew them. They are just so fluffy and fun!
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Heavy Metal. My mom thought I was going through a phase, and constantly told me that when I got older I would realize that it's nothing but noise. She was wrong in several ways, and this is one of the reasons we don't usually talk since I moved out.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Heavy Metal. My mom thought I was going through a phase, and constantly told me that when I got older I would realize that it's nothing but noise.

My mother is the same way. She does not see that the holy might of metal is in fact awesome and just so fricking awesome to listen to!
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It can't be childish if adults make it.

This implies that all adults intentionally not make it childish. Because, you know, cartoons are not directed at children or anything. Because, you know, children make children's cartoons, not adult animators.

Any who, I still haven't grown out of eating ice cream straight from the container. =3
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

generally...nothing.
im not at the point where its frown upon for me to play video games, although i am an addict. AG is an awesome website, i have spent long hours looking for comparisons in ninja kiwi and such and they just dont compare.

i probably should have grown out of pokemon when i was like 7 because the only thing you hear now about it is your gay and this and that...but i still like it. i also have problems with staying still...i dont have ADD or ADHD but it seems like i do sometimes.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I hated coffee when I was young and I still hate coffee now! >

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I hated coffee when I was young and I still hate coffee now! >

People keep thinking I will eventually stop being such a picky eater.

Still going strong.

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 46-60 of 71