Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What were you told you would grow out of but never did?

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 8:37pm

benman113

benman113

332 posts

Cartoons and dyslexia.
Cartoons are probably better than the reality shows on TV anyways so I won on that one.

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 11:45pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

Another thing was Pokemon. I never really grew out of it. I still occasionally play it. Honestly, I don't think Pokemon is childish, the characters are childish but the game requires strategy. Pokemon games were always lengthy and extensive.

Saying Pokemon is childish is like saying the RPG genre is childish. Plus, play it Nuzlocke..and the game intensifies tenfold.

[quote=benman113]and dyslexia[/quote]

Wait wat. Grow out..of dyslexia?

Maybe I'll grow out of my colourblindness one day..

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 4:09pm

Crickster

Crickster

1,752 posts

hating things for a long time chough*gangnam style and CoD black ops1*chough

Posted Aug 12, '13 at 6:24pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,550 posts

ACNE. I have an adult face and an adult body, but I still have the skin of a 13-year-old. And not one of those lucky 13-year-olds with clear skin.

Posted Aug 13, '13 at 4:11pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,381 posts

Knight

Another thing was Pokemon. I never really grew out of it. I still occasionally play it. Honestly, I don't think Pokemon is childish, the characters are childish but the game requires strategy. Pokemon games were always lengthy and extensive.

Adults make Pokemon. It can't be childish if adults make it. In fact, most of the things in life that people say are childish aren't actually. Video Games, board games, Cartoons, all are things that are not childish.

I found out another thing. Stuffed animals. Never out crew them. They are just so fluffy and fun!

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 7:25pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

487 posts

Heavy Metal. My mom thought I was going through a phase, and constantly told me that when I got older I would realize that it's nothing but noise. She was wrong in several ways, and this is one of the reasons we don't usually talk since I moved out.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 6:47pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,381 posts

Knight

Heavy Metal. My mom thought I was going through a phase, and constantly told me that when I got older I would realize that it's nothing but noise.

My mother is the same way. She does not see that the holy might of metal is in fact awesome and just so fricking awesome to listen to!

Posted Sep 17, '13 at 2:00am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

6,333 posts

It can't be childish if adults make it.

This implies that all adults intentionally not make it childish. Because, you know, cartoons are not directed at children or anything. Because, you know, children make children's cartoons, not adult animators.

Any who, I still haven't grown out of eating ice cream straight from the container. =3

Posted Sep 19, '13 at 4:34pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,696 posts

generally...nothing.
im not at the point where its frown upon for me to play video games, although i am an addict. AG is an awesome website, i have spent long hours looking for comparisons in ninja kiwi and such and they just dont compare.

i probably should have grown out of pokemon when i was like 7 because the only thing you hear now about it is your gay and this and that...but i still like it. i also have problems with staying still...i dont have ADD or ADHD but it seems like i do sometimes.

Posted Sep 20, '13 at 3:35pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,346 posts

Knight

I hated coffee when I was young and I still hate coffee now! >

Reply to What were you told you would grow out of but never did?

You must be logged in to post a reply!