ForumsGamesDestiny

10 3899
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

In case you haven't heard yet, Destiny is Bungie's latest project. It seems a little reminiscent of Halo, but it is definitely a brand new game. I'm pretty excited for it. What console do you plan on playing it on, if any? Do you think it is to much like Halo? Do you think this game might even kill Halo?

• 10 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Too much like Halo? What..because it has aliens?

The game looks incredible. I'm particularly interested in the taking 10 years to finish aspect

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

looks amazing.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The game looks incredible. I'm particularly interested in the taking 10 years to finish aspect

Ten years, really? Do you have a source on that? I know they've been working on it since at least Halo 3: ODST, but I didn't know it was a 10 year project.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Ten years, really? Do you have a source on that? I know they've been working on it since at least Halo 3: ODST, but I didn't know it was a 10 year project.

Not 10 years for them to finish...10 years for us to finish

joystiq
ausgamers
Xbox 360 News
wired

Quote from wired:
While many games make the same promise, Destinyâs vision of âan extended period of timeâ isnât 100 hours. Itâs more like 10 years.[/i]
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Ehhhhhhhhh

I dunno, that kinda breaks the game for me. For one, because I know I can't see myself playing the same thing for 10 years (if it even manages to stay alive for that long). And for another, I refuse to pay monthly fees to whichever console maker just so that they let me play online.....which is also required for Destiny.

Oh well, wait and see I suppose. For now, most of this just seems like the regular PR hype machine to me.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Destiny seems good. Like Halo only less boring. Gorgeous-looking, too. Probably the only FPS I saw in E3 that didn't seem like the same clichéd AAA garbage they always give us.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I'm excited for it, and it looks much better than Halo to me at this point.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

I do not believe it takes ten years to finish, I heard that they would be releasing new games every 2 years, with a major DLC called a "Comet" every year in between game releases.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

When they say it took "10 years to finish", that probably means the whole thing got scrapped at least a couple times, and they started over to accomodate a new console, or a new engine, or a new concept. Like Duke Nukem Forever.

But hopefully not like Duke Nukem Forever at all.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Oh, 10 years for US to finish? What the hell?

Showing 1-10 of 10