ForumsThe TavernMy Rant (caps lock power trumped)

9 3928
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

feel free to comment on my profile about your thughts or create your own rants.
ive been thinking about it...
Ive been on and off recently. I dont like the current AG.
the community used to be smalled and tighter and now not so much.
All these dumb people raving about, "oooo quests how many quests u hav i hav like 47 ccool i have like 105 cool i have NO BODY REALLY ACTUALLY CARES! why care about quests? think about it. who cares if you have 40 quests completed or 100,000,000? this is a gaming site! who gives a poop???!!!?? we should be trying to get the best record in a game, not complete **** like in coinbox hero: who the hell cares to kill the coinbox or DESTROY IT WITHOUT BUYING A Freaking GUN? really? dafuq?just think about that for a second. is it worth it to put about 3 hours into trying to destroy the coinbox without a gun? just think. why give a ****?
also, sites where you can actually do stuff like in ycks exit path. sites where there arent retarded noobs flying around trying so hard to get their ***** into level 5: swift. people can actually challenge themselves and can warp through blocks, and do a quad in exit path (jumping over 8 block walls) and where people can jump over 80 block wall with unlimited flow. you can talk during games, and stuff like that. I likethat so much better than this site, where noobs who just joined start playing ep2 and try their ***** off to claim they were &quotioneers who got ep2 started". screw u, noobs.

• 9 Replies
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

seriously, just think about it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Royally messed that up...

oooo quests how many quests u hav i hav like 47 ccool i have like 105 cool i have NO BODY REALLY ACTUALLY CARES! why care about quests? think about it. who cares if you have 40 quests completed or 100,000,000? this is a gaming site!

You kind of just answered yourself right there. This is a gaming site...gaming revolves around completing objectives and being rewarded in some way for your achievements..and the quests are such a reward.

who the hell cares to kill the coinbox or DESTROY IT WITHOUT BUYING A Freaking GUN? really? dafuq?just think about that for a second. is it worth it to put about 3 hours into trying to destroy the coinbox without a gun?

To show how well and efficient you are at the game, so much so that you don't need a gun

-----

In all honesty..gaming in general is pointless. Unless you play competitively, there is no real reward for playing other than self satisfaction
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Ive been on and off recently. I dont like the current AG.

Ok, that's you're opinion, that's fine.

the community used to be smalled and tighter and now not so much.

Actually it use to be bigger, and not it has gotten smaller, what are you talking about?

All these dumb people raving about, "oooo quests how many quests u hav i hav like 47 ccool i have like 105 cool i have NO BODY REALLY ACTUALLY CARES! why care about quests? think about it. who cares if you have 40 quests completed or 100,000,000? this is a gaming site! who gives a poop???!!!??

I have never seen this type of conversation happen on here, please show me where that conversation took place. Also, you're right it's a gaming site, a GAMING site and gaming includes achievements no? So the quests are the achievements, which are commonly used in gaming, so you just beat you're own argument. I really don't care about or like the quests, but that doesn't mean I get mad about people talking about them.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

my opinion BlTCH!

Yes, I know it is your opinion. What is your point?

*If you've even been taught what a &quotoint" is yet.....*

Whoops, did I just say that out loud?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Ummmm..... Kaaay.... That's cool, but what exactly did you expect to accomplish with this thread...?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why would you care about APs? Or about highscores? What is this obsession with scores, you should be gaming = spend some nice time, enjoying yourself.

Besides, quests usually involves playing the game through and through, not just rushing through to get the highest score. Also, they are sort of challenges, and what's wrong with challenges?

Point being, I don't see your problem.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Don't like AG, don't use it. Simple. You don't have to start a thread about it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Oh, you mods and your mod-humor.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Oh, you mods and your mod-humor.

Wha..?

Now that that's out of your system, the purpose of Quests is to behoove the player to play the flash game in various perspectives, as well as highlighting specific landmarks and struggles in the game you completed. You still have highscores to compete against (not sure why you're ranting about that in particular).

The old way of obtaining points was simply too corrupting a feature; gaining points by clicking a button and commenting with as simple a post as you fancied is not a redeeming factor as a "gaming site", as you so pointed out earlier.

Now, we have legitimate ways to gain &quotoints", and they even are obtained by just playing the game as it was intended to be in the first place.
Showing 1-9 of 9