ForumsForum GamesThe Scattered Magic [RPG]

8 2540
Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Skip this paragraph if you want.
Hello, I am Zyba, a regular paricipant in RPGs in the AG Forum Games Forum. Since this is the first RPG, this will likely go through changes as I find better ways to implement features into this RPG. Creating this RPG is my impulsive choice, and it is inevitable that it will end by my own or someone else's action.

Story
There once was a time where "magic" was plentiful; it flowed from the land into its inhabitants. The people who came to master this mysterious, powerful instrument came to be known as "magicians". Many amazing feats were done by the magicians- seas were split, mountains cracked apart, and storms were dissipated in an instant. Some magicians did not want to be bested by such feats and stretched to things farther than ever before imagined. However, what they summoned was a terrible tragedy: the land drew back the magic from its inhabitants and buried it under its great girth.
That is a story told by my grandparents by their grandparents who learned of it by who knows how many generations. The last rememanents of this "magic" are said to be deeply imbedded in these shards and gems we have found mining deep in the earth, but have yet to utilize. Currently, they are simply used a ornaments and jewelry. It does not seem that any "magic" has been found despite the research your kingdom has been funding.
You have recieve a small-grade shard as a birthday gift from a beloved. It does not seem to have the "magic" the stories describe, but it has a faint glow and you appreciate such a gift. You could only hope that it one day lifts you from your mundane life into the extroardinary until one day it sprang to life.

Character Sheet

Things within [] are to be typed in by you.
Things within () will be typed in by me.

Name: [Your name]
Gender: [Males are typically held all the power while females are thought less of but not completely useless.]
Background: (To be generated by me [partially affected by gender and age])
Afflictions: (To be generated directly or indirectly by me)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Inventory: (Unfortunately empty-handed)

There are no stats, but your abilities will be vaguely affected by your equipment, afflictions, health and energy.

At the moment, I will be accepting a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 4 players. Please, be active or else I will remove you for a more diligent player.

• 8 Replies
Magicness
Magicness
17 posts
Nomad

Lazerith Konstentine
M

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Miagolio Maxwell
Male

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Thank you for your participation. I will try to finish creating your stories by this evening.

NoLifeNerds
NoLifeNerds
21 posts
Nomad

I love Forum RPG's, so I'll join

Beliish(Pronounced Bee-leesh)
Male

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

OOC: My entry will represent the 4th and last player.

Name: Patrick2011
Background:
Afflictions:
Inventory:

There's my character sheet.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Apologies, I have only finished Magicness and Kipdon's stories. I will try to finish NoLifeNerds and Patrick 2011 if not tonight, then sometime tomorrow. Otherwise, if it does come down to it, I might just post the sheets in shifts, or if I am busy, every couple of days or so.

@Magicness and Kipdon: Since I am done with your characters you two can post your responses.
Tips:
You are allowed to name people that you know.
Except for dialogue, try to be a bit vague with your actions; I will write the details and try to guide your actions.

(Magicness)
Name: Lazerith Konstentine
Background: Family of farmers, Married to ailing wife
You come from a modest line of humble people who till the land for fruits and vegetables- sometimes a plentiful harvest, other times a difficult famine, but your family endured to this day. You are of two children; your elder brother took over your family's farm while you came to taking over your beloved wife's family's. Your wife has unfortunately has fallen ill like her mother; you fear this ailment will lead her to join her deceased mother. Without the funds to hire a doctor, you can only work in the fields and hope for the best.
After the day's work you spend time alone at your wife's bedside. She is often asleep, but it seems your sobering woke her up. "Lazer, it's not your fault," your wife weakly sits up,"if only I wasn't so sick you wouldn't be so hard pressed..."

(Kipdon)
Name: Miagolio Maxwell
Background: Family of laborers, Blacksmith apprentice
You come from a family of laborers: you mother works in a small tailorshop and your father and uncle work in the deep mines. Your father is friends with a local blacksmith, and since he had no heir to his trade, he was willing to take you in to teach his art of forging raw ores into metal tools and arms. You are doing well as his apprentice and will soon be able to stand side by side with him in the shop, but you have overheard your parents despairing over finances: the rent has risen, but due to scarcity of ore, your father and uncle's pays have been cut. You'll soon recieve a decent salary by the end of the year, but right now, finding a less skilled job could provide funds to pay the bills.
After a day's work your family sits at the dinner table to share a meal. Everyone looks as grim as the meager meal at the table; your father being the most grim. However, you father tries to change his expression and asks you how your apprenticeship is going. You tell him you are doing well, but you are really worried about paying the rent.

Magicness
Magicness
17 posts
Nomad

"Hush now Sarah, you need only worry about getting your rest. I am sure things will turn for the better shortly, my dear." After bringin her some water he watches her sleep and contemplates any plan he can think of to raise the money for a doctor.

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Name: Miagolio Maxwell
Background: Family of laborers, Blacksmith apprentice

"Father, I was thinking of another way to support the family, financially, outside of my apprenticeship. I know that not even you can deny that our family is struggling with rent."

Showing 1-8 of 8