Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Pain

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 12:29am

xeano321

xeano321

2,562 posts

Knight

Worst physical pain I suffered... That would probably be when I threw my back out trying to punt a football. I was fine when I went to bed (only very slight pain) but I woke up in the same position I went to sleep, and was stuck there for about 40 minutes (late for school on top of that.) I couldn't even sit up. I had to roll off the bed flat on my fact just so I could crawl to the bathroom. You don't know pain until you've experienced that.

Worst emotional pain... Probably when the girl of my dreams moved away right when I was about to ask her out (nearly the same as Daleks. Such a coincidence.) I was 6yo at the time. Pretty much ruined my life 'til the next girl came along.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 3:32pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Physical pain... The rheumatoid arthritis I have. The first full blown onset of it was probably the worst, effecting my wrists, fingers, shoulders and feet. I was unable to really use my hands and could barely walk for several weeks.

Emotional... When my mom died, my best friend ditched me, my grandfather died and my father died all within a three year period.

More emotional... When my girlfriend in high school died of cancer.

Even more emotional... When a friend of mine in 1st grade drown on the way to school because of a heavy rain and his mother being drugged up so much she couldn't figure out how to operate the seat belt.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n97/amberdesilet/dinosaur.jpg

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 4:00pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Physical is I slipped while skiing on ice, then fell onto my knees and slid for about 30 feet on the ice (which apparently was quite bumpy) cause the that wasn't the worst pain, the worst was I still had my skis attached after that and I had to get up to finish the mountain, but in order to get up I had to put all my pressure on one sore part of my body. That was the only time I discovered my pain tolerance because it took about 10 minutes for my body to not just collapse from the pain of putting pressure on that point.

Emotional I guess when I was little and I had to spend time with a drunk guy.

Posted Jun 28, '13 at 9:58pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

587 posts

I don't know what kind people want to talk about pain, that doesn't sound appealing to me...

But since I'm here the worst way to hurt a man is to make him watch all his family die...

Posted Jun 30, '13 at 2:10am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Holy crap, Mage. That sounds absolutely hellish. Condolences.

Physical pain: A few months ago I was debating with someone about something very dear to me, and I decided to leave. I left the place and went for a walk. After roughly twenty minutes, the sky had drastically darkened and I hadn't anywhere to go in case there was rain. Of course, it started to rain, and I was already pretty steamed from earlier, so I took off running. I found a tree to take shelter in and I checked to see if my phone was alright. Of course, the battery was screwed because of the incredible amount of rain it had suffered. Lastly, the tornado sirens went off, and I collapsed to the ground with an absolutely unbearable pain in my chest. My parents, who'd been looking for me, finally drove up and called the ambulance. Next thing I knew I was in a hospital room listening to the doctor tell me I had a heart attack. I spent the next few weeks going through rehab that involved exercising until I collapsed, having tubes sticking out of me that felt like knives, and taking dozens of pills everyday. The weeks blurred and all I can remember is feeling constant pain and displeasure.

Emotional pain: Probably almost dying. See previous story, you yutz.

Posted Jun 30, '13 at 3:45am

SSTG

SSTG

11,008 posts

Knight

I mentioned it in another thread.
I was trying to do a 360* with my bike and I hit the side of my knee on my handle bar.
The pain was so bad that I jumped off my bike and realized I couldn't stand on my right leg. All of a sudden, everything became black and I saw some light bugs buzzing around me. I stayed on the ground for 15 minutes before I could move my leg again.
I think it was more painful than when I broke my wrist while playing soccer, It was painful but the worst part was when my legs became weak and I broke into a cold sweat. I had to wait 13 hours in the emergency room and 1 hour in the doc's room waiting for my cast, I fell asleep.

Posted Jun 30, '13 at 11:37pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

3,201 posts

I haven't had any terribly 'orrible things happen to me. No broken bones, no near-death experiences.
Phyical: I mean the bloodiest wound I'd ever had was when I was climbing a tree. I fell, tried to grab the tree, nailed my hand on a spiky bit, and sliced it open from the top of my pinky to the bottom of my palm, but that didn't hurt all that much. I mean, yeah, it bled all over the freaking place, but it didn't hurt. This other time, I was riding a scooter down a steep hill. I kind of almost ran over my neighbor's dog Winston, so to avoid him I swerved into my mailbox, bashing my knee on the driveway and practically shredding my skin, and smacking the side of my head into the mailbox [which is why it's wobbly right now]. Yep, I have to say that hurt a lot, even after my knee healed. I've got a pretty high pain tolerance when it comes to bruises and smacking into things. As of recently, nothing overly terrible has happened.
Emotional: My grandpa died a few days before my birthday.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 1:07am

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

363 posts

error 47. Need I say more?

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 8:15pm

darkblueoc

darkblueoc

36 posts

I don't go out a lot, so I haven't had much phyical pain. The worst being when I ran into a wall and chipped one of my teeth... that didn't hurt, but a slammed my hands into the wall and that hurt pretty bad.

Emotional pain is much worse. When I came out to my parents a few years ago... and seeing the disappointment in their eyes. My father told me straight out " I can't support you on this". Now I have to see a theripst every couple weeks to "get this nonsense out of my head".

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 8:52pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Physical:
tore meniscus in both knees falling (2 months ago)
wisdom teeth pulled (4 months ago)
elbow tendonitis (6 months ago)
minor shoulder tear from car accident (3 years ago)
dislocated index finger from football (4 years ago)
hairline fractured rib from football (4 years ago)

Reply to Pain

You must be logged in to post a reply!