Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

HAARP

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 10:48am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP
… htm
Our
tax dollars going to this crap

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 11:30am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,945 posts

Knight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP

http://www.bariumblues.com/haarp1.htm

Link fix.

So, please elaborate, what is it exactly that bugs you about that? (I'm just asking, since you didn't state)

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 11:48am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,945 posts

Knight

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4122

I'm sorry for DP, but I feel entitled to post another link (since we're at throwing links around) presenting the other side of the argument.

And as of my opinion, the wiki article given in the OP states that the HAARP directs a signal between 2.8-10MHz in the ionosphere. Given that radio waves (link) can vary between 3kHz and 300GHz, and taking into account we're constantly emitting radio waves out of all pores of the earth, I don't see the danger.

Lastly, if I might ask you a question, KnightDeclan. I am simply curious, because in another thread, you dismissed gravity arguing that you "don't believe in unvisible forces". Do you actually believe in radio waves?

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 12:12pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

I think our money should be going to things aside from machines which can change weather, cause destruction, or hurt us in any way.  Let nature take its course.

Lastly, if I might ask you a question, KnightDeclan. I am simply curious, because in another thread, you dismissed gravity arguing that you "don't believe in invisible forces". Do you actually believe in radio waves?

If I told you what I really thought....I would lose the small amount of credibility I have.  But Radio waves, microwaves, heat waves, and magnetic forces are different.  They are caused by something.  Gravity, on the other hand, has no source.

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 12:24pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

If I told you what I really thought....I would lose the small amount of credibility I have.

you might just aswel just tell. your credibility has been gone for long. if thats your only reason.

They are caused by something.  Gravity, on the other hand, has no source.

gravity is caused by something. just like the other things. but on a much larger scale that we just havn't figured out yet.

for example: would you know the cause of a soundwave?

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 12:40pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,945 posts

Knight

I think our money should be going to things aside from machines which can change weather, cause destruction, or hurt us in any way.  Let nature take its course.

But those waves don't do all that. The facility sends those signals in the ionosphere and analyses how the ionosphere affects the signal. This has importance for perfecting radio signal transmission. It won't change the weather, and it certainly won't cause earthquakes, as I already showed that those waves are relatively weak compared to the strongest radio waves we already send out into space.

If I told you what I really thought....I would lose the small amount of credibility I have.  But Radio waves, microwaves, heat waves, and magnetic forces are different.  They are caused by something.  Gravity, on the other hand, has no source.

Caused by visible things, I guess is your problem. We are in the process of finding out how the Higgs-boson can generate gravity. But whether we find out how it works, or not, something obviously is causing gravity; after all, independent of knowing how it is generated, we have been able to calculate using gravity as given (and get accurate, correct results) since Newton.

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 2:00pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.
USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.
USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.

If I told you what I really thought....I would lose the small amount of credibility I have

You're already the person with the most ridiculous beliefs I've ever met. I wouldn't believe you from your word if you said you saw a duck outside, because you're so wrong about everything I'd assume it was a goose. Your credibility isn't small, it's as nonexistent as these abundance of conspiracy theories you think surround us.

the wiki article given in the OP states that the HAARP directs a signal between 2.8-10MHz in the ionosphere. Given that radio waves (link) can vary between 3kHz and 300GHz, and taking into account we're constantly emitting radio waves out of all pores of the earth, I don't see the danger.

Address this, KnightDeclan. Why is it HAARP that you think is a danger, when it's at the low end of the spectrum?

And...

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.
USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.
USE THE QUOTE BUTTON.

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 7:48pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

If I told you what I really thought....I would lose the small amount of credibility I have.

You don't have any credibility to lose. It's baseless claims like in your link "HAARP is a weapon of mass destruction." that leave you without credibility.

HAARP Doesn't do any of those things, it's a monitoring device. Though a weather control device might not be a bad idea considering how we are at the whim of such powerful natural disasters. Though it would have to operate on a global level to prevent misuse as a weapon.

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 8:12pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,821 posts

Gravity, on the other hand, has no source.

Hmm... again, only cuz we havent found out yet whats caused gravity doesnt means its kind of a "miracle", or whatever you want to call it, gravity is surely no "divine intervention".

Maybe a lil thought experiment: if i was able to travel trough time and i bring two walkie talkies into the mid ages and use them, the people there eighter burn me cuz im a witcher (cuz i use some kind of "magic") or they praise me cuz i am send by god or a god (cuz i use some kind of "godlike powers")... they dont understand it, so it must be a "miracle" (or whatever they want to call it), but its not...

Its a poor comparison i know, but in the end it works.
Yes, we dont know whats causing gravity (yet), and we discuss many things, but we are 100% sure... gravity is caused by something!

Posted Jun 25, '13 at 8:18pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Another thing about this. If you actually believed things that were true, revealing what you thought wouldn't cost you credibility.

Reply to HAARP

You must be logged in to post a reply!