Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Women Run the World?

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:03am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Strop recently told me to play nice with the other kids. Could I get some more specific blue text about how off the lease I can be?

And don't say "follow the site rules" because that's pretty square.

Oh! And Game of Thrones is bad. And you should never "learn" anything from that tripe.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 6:21am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

It seems like I'm arguing against feminists.

your stance that man are always the leader just isn't true. you can jump high or low but it is just not true.

man are the boss of the house? yea in the 60's we live 50 years later now. times have changed and man are not always the boss in house.
it can just aswell be the woman or like myself where we do thing in concert.
that man are the boss and woman are not is a old viewpoint that does no longer stand in the year 2013.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 4:18pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

This is mostly due to the extreme lack of sharing education among the sexes and the social tensions that arose from both traditional and religious values. Back in the day, of course.

Sparta was a great example of this. It worked.

your stance that man are always the leader just isn't true. you can jump high or low but it is just not true.

Never said they were the only leaders. Joan of Arc good example for when a women took control.

that man are the boss and woman are not is a old viewpoint that does no longer stand in the year 2013.

Sure not in most First World Countries.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 4:53pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

Woman are amazing as housewives and home keepers.  This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at. 

It is sexist...girls are raised from a young age to have skills which help in this area. Cleaning, cooking, sewing, etc. Boys aren't taught these things. They aren't any better at house keeping than men by way of gender.

When they try to take over a man's job, it almost always ends up bad.

How so? And what is "a man's job?" I wasn't aware jobs could only be done by one gender or another.

But just because they shouldn't be working full time jobs, it doesn't mean they can't do great things.

There's no should or shouldn't about it. People can make that choice for themselves. Gender isn't a factor in whether people want/need to work full/part time, for any reason.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:06pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

Let me rephrase, they shouldn't have power.  When they're bosses or managers, it turns out bad.

"This isn't sexist."
"They shouldn't have power."

Yeah...you're just sexist, like you're racist, homophobic, intolerant, misinformed, and so many other things.

Provide sources for your claims. How does a woman being in a management position or influential spot make for things "turning out badly?"

But it doesn't get done right.  I don't think mino...i mean... some other people shouldn't be bosses.

This is simply ridiculous, like everything else you say. You're just bigoted against everyone who's not a white, catholic male that believes in conspiracy theories and hates everyone else who isn't a part of that group.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:13pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

One of the factors influencing the low representation of women in high positions, is the general environment women grow up in. Studies have shown that chinese women confronted with the "chinese math wonder" stereotype, were actually better at math, than chinese women who weren't.

So imagine what it is to grow up in a world that thinks women are comfortable at home and not in the office.

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:17pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

Well you'll have to give me time for that.

That's fine. However, do remember to check what websites you're using. Anyone can say anything on the internet, so pulling up something that agrees with you and has no credibility isn't a good source.

Well inside, yes, but that doesn't change a thing.

Yes, it does. All of your opinions and thoughts are visibly affected by it. You consistently make irrational, hateful assumptions about people of different skin color or gender. You stereotype and try and make them out to be horrible people, based solely on that they are not white, male, catholic, and conspiracy theorists.

You hate the things I am proud of, so don't go criticizing.

You are proud of being hateful, and I will criticize being proud of hatred until the day I die. Perhaps you should think about your beliefs some.

So imagine what it is to grow up in a world that thinks women are comfortable at home and not in the office.

Is this a matter of confidence? Or is it a matter of how much support they receive (teachers trying harder w/ boys than girls). Or both?

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:21pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

Is this a matter of confidence? Or is it a matter of how much support they receive (teachers trying harder w/ boys than girls). Or both?

Both certainly play a role. The study I mentioned was about stereotypes; I might have gotten the examples wrong, but the conclusion was that stereotypes can affect you, in the good or bad way.

The support you get and stereotypes might actually influence confidence, instead of confidence being a primary reason (which it surely is, but not gender-dependent).

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:23pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,203 posts

Sparta was a great example of this. It worked.

Even Sparta and Rome were more socially progressive with women, more so than, say, Greece. Hell, Rome had women who ran businesses and >.> ...

Posted Jun 26, '13 at 5:26pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,203 posts

NOOOO...I had...I had things here! Stupid...carrot things... I'll add this later.

Reply to Women Run the World?

You must be logged in to post a reply!