ForumsWEPRWomen Run the World?

97 36756
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I know it's been a while since the Rhiana song came out but do women actually run the world?

I would say no, predominantly the household, tribes, and countries have been run by males.

• 97 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well you'll have to give me time for that.

That's fine. However, do remember to check what websites you're using. Anyone can say anything on the internet, so pulling up something that agrees with you and has no credibility isn't a good source.

Well inside, yes, but that doesn't change a thing.

Yes, it does. All of your opinions and thoughts are visibly affected by it. You consistently make irrational, hateful assumptions about people of different skin color or gender. You stereotype and try and make them out to be horrible people, based solely on that they are not white, male, catholic, and conspiracy theorists.

You hate the things I am proud of, so don't go criticizing.

You are proud of being hateful, and I will criticize being proud of hatred until the day I die. Perhaps you should think about your beliefs some.

So imagine what it is to grow up in a world that thinks women are comfortable at home and not in the office.

Is this a matter of confidence? Or is it a matter of how much support they receive (teachers trying harder w/ boys than girls). Or both?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Is this a matter of confidence? Or is it a matter of how much support they receive (teachers trying harder w/ boys than girls). Or both?

Both certainly play a role. The study I mentioned was about stereotypes; I might have gotten the examples wrong, but the conclusion was that stereotypes can affect you, in the good or bad way.

The support you get and stereotypes might actually influence confidence, instead of confidence being a primary reason (which it surely is, but not gender-dependent).
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Sparta was a great example of this. It worked.

Even Sparta and Rome were more socially progressive with women, more so than, say, Greece. Hell, Rome had women who ran businesses and >.> ...
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

NOOOO...I had...I had things here! Stupid...carrot things... I'll add this later.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

We have enough men to do the big jobs, but they want a wife to come home to.

Are you still trying that line that you're not a sexist?

Want a wife to come home to. Hmm. I wasn't aware that women were basically furniture, always confined to the home for the man to get on whenever he wants.

I cannot stress this enough Knight. You are one of the most bigoted, sexist, hateful people I have ever met. Please take a look at what you're saying and see just how horrible it is. Think of what your 'beliefs' are implying, directly and indirectly.

What are these "big jobs?" Manual labor? Sure, not all women can do things like lumber jacking, but neither can all men. What does that matter? When it comes to office/business jobs, physical strength isn't even a factor, which is the only way women and men are different on average. There are women capable of doing this physical labor jobs, and men that aren't. What someone's gender is doesn't automatically make them 'better' for a certain job.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Woman are amazing as housewives and home keepers.

That's quite the generalization. Men can be just as capable home-keepers, while conversely some women may not do as such a capable job.

This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at.

Yes it is. You are arguing that each gender has its respective place because one is more capable than the other, while also arguing for a woman's stereotype gender role. This is by definition sexism.

When they try to take over a man's job, it almost always ends up bad.

Bull****. Source this, please. And don't Cherry Pick..give specific data that justifies this asinine statement.

Let me rephrase, they shouldn't have power. When they're bosses or managers, it turns out bad.

Why? How so?
Is this because it actually does turn out poorly, or because you (and others) perceive it to turn out poorly because it was done by a woman?

But it doesn't get done right.

This is about men, right? Because then I fully agree.
^See what I did there?

I don't think mino...i mean... some other people shouldn't be bosses.

Then this argument is purely bigotry and prejudice.

Online sources? Well you'll have to give me time for that.

I'm just saying..but..
It really shouldn't take that much time to grab a source. Unless, of course, you know that major digging will be happening on your part.

Gotta dig your way through all that sludge of equality and truth before getting to the shiny bigotry and oppression.

Because that's where they're freakin needed! We have enough men to do the big jobs, but they want a wife to come home to.

I can not tell you how horrific this statement is. This is a prime example of how women in today's society are still being oppressed. They are still viewed not for the overall quality in which they possess, but for the quality we have forced upon them for their ability at being a wife and home-keeper.

Women are not born naturally wonderful wives or home-keepers, they are psychologically trained through our society's constant reinforcement of gender roles.
Men are good at "manly things" (whatever b.s. that is) because as boys grow up, we are constantly feeding into the manly stereotype with the type of toys, games, shows, misc. items, etc. we give them..while girls are constantly being fed into the girly stereotype with dolls, miniature houses, mini ovens, etc. Things that give way to the stereotype amongst society that each gender has its own specific role amongst the working world.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Women, in the sense of common everyday lives, yes. Mainly because they birth us, feed us, shelter us, raise us, and love us to the day they die (if your lucky).

In the sense of public life, no they do not. Certain sexist ideals have been in cultures for very long periods of time, making the female gender dominance in conventional forms of life nearly impossible. Women in some ancient cultures have been belittle for their incapability in certain factors such as physical strength or ability to provide income for example.

So to answer the question, yes and no.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Woman are amazing as housewives and home keepers. This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at. When they try to take over a man's job, it almost always ends up bad. But just because they shouldn't be working full time jobs, it doesn't mean they can't do great things.

Men are amazing as househusbands and home keepers. This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at. When they try to take over a woman's job, it almost always ends up bad. But just because they shouldn't be working full time jobs, it doesn't mean they can't do great things.

Because that's where they're freakin needed! We have enough men to do the big jobs, but they want a wife to come home to.

Because that's where they're freakin needed! We have enough women to do the big jobs, but they want a husband to come home to.

Yes what you're saying is sexist. The reverse statements I did were no different to what you are saying. If you find the reverse sexist then you can see how your statements are sexist.

Also Declan do me a favor, don't reproduce.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

But it doesn't get done right. I don't think mino...i mean... some other people shouldn't be bosses.

You know, while you are a human being and I respect the fact that you were born with enough chromosome to actually learn to speak let alone type, having beliefs to hate someone simply because they exist is dis-favorable in both modern day society and the religious structures. You remember this.

And just from plain honesty, and I am not judging you I am just throwing this out there. You are a horrible example of human behavior. You hate black people, even threw what they've been through and gotten past that you seem to hold dear to your heart. You hate jews because you think they are the "children of Satan" or "spewers of filth" for having no respectful connection to your empire of sub religious conspiring beliefs. And lastly, you hate anything that touches this world if he or she does not waist ones time on posting governmental conspiring information and do nothing to stop these issues.

And just for clarification, I'm not insulting you. Everything I've said is true.

In my eyes its totaly unimportant which person runs a job, the only thing that should be important is that the person with the best skills work in it (sadly thats still not the case) and this can be a woman or a man...

I believe so too. I don't understand the cultural belief where people believe that certain genders excel at certain things. Where exactly did this originate?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Joan of Arc good example for when a women took control.

she didn't took control. she was given control. because she was holy for some sort of reason.

Sure not in most First World Countries.

now where do you live?

Yeah...you're just sexist, like you're racist, homophobic, intolerant, misinformed, and so many other things.

it all comes down to 2 words tho. "messed up".
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Oh and btw, im not sexist, I just believe that men and women have separate duties, not importance.

you know... thinking a male has the duty to take care of someone else while a females duty is to serve that person is really sexist.

some people would at least admit that but the fact you cant even understand whats wrong with your belief is simply amazing...

honestly the more i read your comments the more i think your a very succesful troll that should definitely be an actor....

and personally, i met more females with power then males. most teachers here are female, most principals here are female, most doctors in my clinic are female. ALL of the bosses except one in my clinic are female.

if there anything sexist i might say is that i do believe men are usually easier to manipulate by women. so i actually sometimes believe females are more responsibble and strict when they get power.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You see, any man who wants to get his nightly ecstasy has to listen to his woman....Women are still the primary children carers.....Women still do most of the menial household work....Women hold quite a fair amount of domestic power, and any married/attached male knows how much that affects his life.

So on the face of it no. Behind the scenes? Hell ****ing yes. They run your life and your biological instincts.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Oh and btw, im not sexist, I just believe that men and women have separate duties, not importance.

That is sexism.

&quotrejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."
http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/sexism

You're doing the second in that particular statement. You've stated prejudice and discrimination against women as well with comments about jobs/how men are more capable and that "women should stay home and watch the kids."

Children don't want their father at a young age, they want their mother,

They want who they see as their parents.

If both freakin parents work ,who's gonna watch the fam?

This is ignoring why both parents might be working, such as one working not being enough to support all.

If you have no family, either you're too feminist or too ugly and shouldn't be working at a successful persons position.

*facepalm*

People want to look up to bosses, and if they see a ignorant, nosy woman, they're gonna be miserable.

Are you STILL claiming you're not sexist? Because you really ****ing are. On what grounds do you have to say that any women who makes it to a management position is automatically 'ignorant and nosy?" That doesn't even make sense!

My father works as manager of auxiliary services at Babson college, and the students, mostly women, who work for him, love him. But his boss is a woman. She has much less experience, and she has to ask my father how to do everything. She's just put in high power, as well as the Mexican vice president and black president, to even things out.

Remember what I said about ducks and geese? Also, considering who taught you all this crap, I'm guessing that your father is extremely over exaggerating on how often he gets asked things and is overstating the 'level' of these questions.

She used to work under a woman, and she was always miserable, but now she's under an old white man, and they get along together great.

Have you ever considered that, just maybe, THERE ARE PEOPLE WORKING UNDER MEN WHO ARE NOT HAPPY? A LOT MORE OF THEM THAN THOSE WORKING UNDER WOMEN, BY SIMPLE PROPORTIONS OF HOW MANY WOMEN ARE THE 'BOSS' COMPARED TO MEN?

Not all people are the same. So what if your mother was working under another woman and wasn't happy? There are plenty of people who work under men that aren't happy, and this blatantly ignores every single instance of when people work under someone they GET ALONG WITH.

If your parents are anything like you (and I suspect they are) then I'm automatically inclined to believe that anyone you don't get along with is someone who isn't a bigoted, sexist, ignorant person who is not going to put up with this crap you spout all day long.

What I'm trying to say is, women are better at following men, not leading them.

Let me spell it out for you.

SEXISM.
S E X I S M

You're a sexist.

And my girlfriend, who just so happens to be a female

*facepalm again*

agrees totally with me and hates her woman boss, and misses her ex-boss, who was a man.

Again, this is ignoring every single instance where people are unhappy under men, and where people are happy under women.

Shes only 16, how do you think it'll be when she has a home, family, etc on the line?

She'll be a god **** adult and realize that you don't get along with everyone in life but you need to be civil if you want to keep your job?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I already explained to you how you are the definition of sexism.

Just because you claim not to be something..it doesn't exempt you from being so.

I'm glad that women can now go to the front lines, there are too many of them.

Well now.

Children don't want their father at a young age, they want their mother,

Children want both.

If you have no family, either you're too feminist or too ugly and shouldn't be working at a successful persons position.

wat.jpg

People want to look up to bosses, and if they see a ignorant, nosy woman, they're gonna be miserable.

People want to look up to bosses, and if they see an ignorant, nosy male...they're going to be miserable.

-----

Let me tell you a story about my family...

My father works as manager of auxiliary services at Babson college, and the students, even male and women, who work for him, love him. But his boss is a male. He has much less experience, and He has to ask my father how to do everything.

My mother works a part time job as a funeral director, and embalms bodies all night. She used to work under a male, and she was always miserable, but now she's under an old white woman, and they get along together great.

And my girlfriend hates her male boss, and misses her ex-boss, who was a woman.

-----

What I'm trying to say is, women are better at following men, not leading them. If you take that as sexist, then go ahead, but I'm just being respectful.

1) Because it is sexist. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

2) That is, in no way, respectful.

And my girlfriend, who just so happens to be a female

" 'Cause somebody told me, that you had a boyfriend, that looked like a girlfriend..."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

My father works as manager of auxiliary services at Babson college,

About this...you do realize you just gave away personal information, correct?
Showing 16-30 of 97