Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Women Run the World?

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:26pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

148 posts

You are proud of being hateful, and I will criticize being proud of hatred until the day I die. Perhaps you should think about your beliefs some.

I always get a good laugh when intolerant people complain that you are not being tolerant of them. 

Woman are amazing as housewives and home keepers.  This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at.  When they try to take over a man's job, it almost always ends up bad.  But just because they shouldn't be working full time jobs, it doesn't mean they can't do great things.

Also funny is this ^
Trying to couch a paragraph of bigoted crap with the disclaimer "This Isn't Sexist!"
just like when someone says "no offense but" and then says something offense, or "i'm not a racist but" and then says something racist. 

Let me help you, definition of Sexist: "noun, prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."   
So saying women aren't good at..., or can't...  is by definition sexist.

Maybe in your community the women typically stay at home as housewives.  Thats fine, but I would encourage you to expand your life experience, and be less judgmental about things you don't know much about.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 12:31pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

148 posts

@partydevil
I believe the word you are looking for is "mean" and "meant"  :)

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 2:59pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,230 posts

Calm down buddy, I wasn't insulting or putting the female gender down. I was just merely stating that men and women have presumed roles that aren't usually very flexible.  mean, if a woman want to go into construction, I mean go for it, live your dreams. I'm just saying she'd be highly prejudiced against. And I'm also saying that women are typically better at certain tasks than men are ad vice versa. Nothing sexist. If a man wants to nurture kids, go for it. Just that GENERALLY women are typically better at it.

Well I am quite calm, I'm just trying to get you to understand just what you're saying. If everyone is thinking that males and females have specific roles based off of gender, then nothing is really going to change. You need to stop with the whole "girls are good at this guys are not as good at this" and vice versa. I get that you think it's okay for people to pursue their dreams, and that's good. But it doesn't matter if you're sexist or feminist or whatever -ist. If you just think that GENERALLY a gender is better at something than the other, nothing is going to change. If everyone holds on to this thought, there will still be prejudice against genders. No matter how small. So just try to let it go, man. Let it go. I get that you weren't trying to be, and you aren't running and screaming that men and women will always have different roles, but you still believe that we do. And that belief is enough to be called sexist. And it doesn't mean that you're some raging troll, it means you're human. Just a small degree of sexist is all. If you don't like being called that, change your views.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 3:10pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

If you just think that GENERALLY a gender is better at something than the other, nothing is going to change.

Athletics.

Doesn't change anything about your point, but- just sayin'.

You know, Wyrzen is not totally wrong. There are biological differences between the gender, that's obvious. I think that's just what he's been saying.

Of course those differences don't have to mean much, and that's where he's been unclear/unaware. Each gender can learn to be just as good as the other gender in a specific activity. Some biological things just give certain, let's say bonuses or maluses compared to the other gender. But they're not the final word regarding the individuals capacities, and they're negligable in most domains.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 3:34pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,230 posts

Athletics.

Yes it's true but I shan't get into this topic. It's fueled by a lot of rage and such and I don't want to open that door. I don't think I can post without making an utter fool of myself because there isn't much to back it up. Guys are better at athletics but I'm talking more about the workplace. I think that some sports should be co-ed, and I know that there are some. But girl's versions of the sports are highly underrated and no one really cares about them as much as men's sports. Which sucks whenever you grow up playing sports against guys and beating their butts, but after you reach a certain age you can't play with the guys anymore. Ah well anyways.

You know, Wyrzen is not totally wrong. There are biological differences between the gender, that's obvious. I think that's just what he's been saying.

It isn't necessarily wrong, but it's sexist is what the point was. And sexism is wrong.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 4:09pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

Of course those differences don't have to mean much, and that's where he's been unclear/unaware. Each gender can learn to be just as good as the other gender in a specific activity. Some biological things just give certain, let's say bonuses or maluses compared to the other gender. But they're not the final word regarding the individuals capacities, and they're negligible in most domains.

This is actually basically what I've been trying to articulate for the past day or so, thank you for saying it better.

It isn't necessarily wrong, but it's sexist is what the point was. And sexism is wrong.

Good, because up until now I thought it was totally okay.

I know sexism is wrong!!

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 4:14pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

Guys are better at athletics but I'm talking more about the workplace.

Ah, the workspace is another matter. There of course there should be no differentiation between genders. Athletics is maybe one of the very few examples where differences make some kind of sense.

But girl's versions of the sports are highly underrated and no one really cares about them as much as men's sports. Which sucks whenever you grow up playing sports against guys and beating their butts, but after you reach a certain age you can't play with the guys anymore. Ah well anyways.

I'll grant you that. There IS sexism in sports the way you just described. I was merely pointing out the obvious average muscle mass difference (which is why I said athletics and not sports in general, cuz big muscles are not needed for all kind of sports). Mixed sports should be allowed when it makes no sense to separate.

It's not wrong, but it is, is what you're saying? :P
There's nothing sexist about saying men and women have slightly different physiologies. Sexism is when you discriminate without/on an unjust basis. Like when you discriminate arguing with biology even though there's no reason to.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 4:29pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,230 posts

Good, because up until now I thought it was totally okay.

I know sexism is wrong!!

Bro, bro I'm not attacking you. Read the other post, kay?

It's not wrong, but it is, is what you're saying? :P

Exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying that yes, biologically there are obvious differences in what we were built for, but I'm also trying to tell him that gender specific roles such as women make better caretakers are wrong. Or that guys are better leaders is wrong. (This refers to that KnightDeclan fellow)

There's nothing sexist about saying men and women have slightly different physiologies. Sexism is when you discriminate without/on an unjust basis. Like when you discriminate arguing with biology even though there's no reason to.

Sexism has been defined at least 4 times in this thread, I'm sure we all are quite aware of its definition.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 4:33pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

Exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying that yes, biologically there are obvious differences in what we were built for, but I'm also trying to tell him that gender specific roles such as women make better caretakers are wrong. Or that guys are better leaders is wrong. (This refers to that KnightDeclan fellow)

Cool, then we all agree (except KnightDeclan).

Posted Jul 4, '13 at 12:08pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

After like, three days of miscommunication I'm glad we're now somewhat on the same page

:)

On a side note, apparently my computer's spell check has never heard of 'miscommunication'. Go windows 8.

Reply to Women Run the World?

You must be logged in to post a reply!