Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 9:53pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

As a li'l update, I figured I'd be my friendly old self and disable my ad blocker (Adblock Plus, in my case) for ArmorGames.com.*

That seems to treat me to a few more blank spaces, I'm guessing they now get caught out by Ghostery, as a likely next culprit ;)

Just a friendly suggestion, perhaps a little further tweaking in concordance with such programs or their developers would again lead to a satisfactory solution for all parties.

* What prompted it really was a friendly note on DuckDuckGo's site to do such, for them. After some initial unwillingness to, I figured why not.

My observation just above seems to have been resolved btw, don't ask me at what or who's end, no idea.

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 9:55pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

nb

That seems to treat me to a few more blank spaces, I'm guessing they now get caught out by Ghostery, as a likely next culprit ;)

Leading to the interesting question btw, does that blank space suffice to trigger your revenue, or not?

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 10:51pm

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

So AG is filled with ads. Boo-friggity-hoo. Newgrounds is filled with idiots. Even the game quality is significantly lower. It's like Kongregate on steroids. I didn't last one day in either community because I felt like I was talking to a series of brick walls. Are you really willing to subject yourself to that way of life just because of a few harmless ads?

YES!!

Posted Jan 10, '14 at 3:23pm

pwnup220

pwnup220

6 posts

The only adds that are overly annoying are those KiZi ads, were not only we have to do some unpassable time seeing the annoying add, but that we have to listen to that annoying woman in EACH TIME, it is frustrating, and we have to see that cheapskate dragon playing games with a murderous smile in his face.

Posted Jan 10, '14 at 9:49pm

pwnup220

pwnup220

6 posts

Ok now this is a bit on breaking point, sorry for double post, but that KiZi ad just seems to have gained Artificial cruelty, as it doesnt let the game load because it cannot load itself, that is twice worse

Posted Jan 10, '14 at 10:51pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,770 posts

Administrator

Could you post a picture? I'll look into it.

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 4:05pm

pwnup220

pwnup220

6 posts

Thanks Ferret, but it seems the problem is fixed, youre the best admin ever.

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 4:48pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,254 posts

Knight

Thanks Ferret, but it seems the problem is fixed, youre the best admin ever

Everyone knows this. Ferret is the man.

Posted Jan 15, '14 at 5:47pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Everyone knows this. Ferret is the musteline.

Fix'd, free of charge. No thanks needed, ma'am. It's what I do.

Posted Feb 15, '14 at 3:08am

Nodge

Nodge

10 posts

WTF? In every game this fckd ad about war thunder, 60+ secs and it cannot be skipped =\\

Reply to Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

You must be logged in to post a reply!