Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 12:31pm

jbondguy007

jbondguy007

34 posts

So far, most of the users here seem to think that the advertisements ARE exaggerated.

So if your losing people because of the Ads, then that's not just a problem of less people, it's a problem of less money too, isn't it?

This, is exactly my thoughts. Why would Armor Games get paid to... Lose money? As meed1 say, less gamers, less money.

Thus, more than a few people who are under 13. But it's not appropriate for any age, in my opinion, and it will also make people not want to play games here.

Agreed. Nice post by the way.
@meed1:

And rollover ads don't bother me.

Me neither, but more than once I've heard gamers complain about it.

Advertising by it's definition is exaggeration.  It's about compelling a user to be interested in the product they are touting.  Yes, on one hand you can look at that as annoying. On the other paw you can say "Well 99% of the stuff on this website is free, so maybe some ads really aren't a big deal."

The fact is, to me, IT IS a big deal. Armor Games is my favorite gaming site, but lately, the ads are overwhelming, if you know what I mean. What made me start this thread was this week's home page advertisement. Too much is too much, and the users have spoken.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 1:40pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

Too much is too much, and the users have spoken.

A *few user have spoken.

I honestly don't understand how this is such a big of a deal. They aren't in the way..it's just a sliver of advertisement.

If it is the ad itself that bothers you..please refer yourself back to my previous post

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 2:02pm

meed1

meed1

35 posts

@Meed+Jurassic: I normally pull the edge of the screen in, and don't go to the homepage.

Hadn't thought of that. I do avoid the homepage (that is, when I get on here) but I hadn't though of pulling the screen in.

And rollover ads don't bother me.

Me neither, but more than once I've heard gamers complain about it.

I don't want to push my luck here. There's not a good chance Armorgames is going to change Ads, as long as we can get rid of the horrible ones, I'll be content.

I honestly don't understand how this is such a big of a deal. They aren't in the way..it's just a sliver of advertisement.

It's the homepage and background Ads. If you look to the left and right of this thread, you will see a blue backdrop next to the white page. If you go to the homepage, that blue backdrop is changed to inappropriate ads. That is not a sliver of the screen in my opinion, that's almost half the screen.

If it is the ad itself that bothers you..please refer yourself back to my previous post

I know that your first point isn't right. I don't play any of those games, or anything relating to them. Even before I tried them, those Ad's were still there.

I also am unsure about what telling an admin will do. As far as I understand, forum/comment box admins don't control the advertisements, the site owners do. As for telling someone who can do something, that's what this post is about. We're trying to get our opinion out there.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 2:09pm

Raynethx

Raynethx

50 posts

well thats publicity for how else you think marketing companys are gonna earn there bread & butter it's all about the money i betch you that armour games get some money out of it aswell why else or unless you can hide it that is

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 2:13pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,582 posts

Administrator

For those of you concerned about ads, could you take a screenshot of an ad you're talking about? I'd love to see it in conjunction with what you're describing. 

I do realize some of our ads maybe PG-13, but the website itself is PG-13.  We don't suggest or allow users under the age of 13 to be on our pages.  And any ad you see on our site, could easily have been in a PG-13 movie.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 2:56pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,582 posts

Administrator

I can't see that fellow. :/

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 3:01pm

JurassicParkfan

JurassicParkfan

32 posts

I can't see that fellow. :/

What can't you see?

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 3:11pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,582 posts

Administrator

Do you feel this isn't something you'd see in a PG-13 movie? Seems pretty harmless to me, but I respect your opinion that it offends you.

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 3:13pm

jbondguy007

jbondguy007

34 posts

Sorry, this is the one that should work. Please delete my other post.

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t639/jbondguy007/Untitled11_zps22a10d7d.jpg

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 3:37pm

meed1

meed1

35 posts

well thats publicity for how else you think marketing companys are gonna earn there bread & butter it's all about the money i betch you that armour games get some money out of it aswell why else or unless you can hide it that is

I don't care about ads. They could spam the page with ads. Any kind of ads. Pop up ads, rollover ads, normal ads, video ads. As long as there aren't any inappropriate ads.

Reply to Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

You must be logged in to post a reply!