ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

113 65993
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

Do you think that advertisements are overly exaggerated? "Roll over" adds are so annoying, how are we supposed to play if every time we move our mouse, there's a popping advertisement in your screen? And the adds on the sides of the home page are, how should I say... Inappropriate? I mean, I know you want your game to get all the attention, but here's a tip: You don't necessarily need half nude people on your add to attract gamers. Duh.
Let me know what you guys think about that!

• 113 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Do you feel this isn't something you'd see in a PG-13 movie? Seems pretty harmless to me, but I respect your opinion that it offends you.

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

Sorry, this is the one that should work. Please delete my other post.

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t639/jbondguy007/Untitled11_zps22a10d7d.jpg

meed1
meed1
28 posts
Peasant

well thats publicity for how else you think marketing companys are gonna earn there bread & butter it's all about the money i betch you that armour games get some money out of it aswell why else or unless you can hide it that is

I don't care about ads. They could spam the page with ads. Any kind of ads. Pop up ads, rollover ads, normal ads, video ads. As long as there aren't any inappropriate ads.
JurassicParkfan
JurassicParkfan
33 posts
Nomad

Do you feel this isn't something you'd see in a PG-13 movie? Seems pretty harmless to me, but I respect your opinion that it offends you.

Yes you could see that in a PG -13 movie but there are kids who don't know this place is for 13 and up because it doesn't say it anywhere accept when you sign up and many people do not want to sign up so they never see that.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We're discussing this internally now, and we appreciate your concerns. We're considering being a bit more restrictive on our content going forward, but this needs to be discussed further within the company.

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

This is what I like about AG. They care.

meed1
meed1
28 posts
Peasant

We're discussing this internally now, and we appreciate your concerns. We're considering being a bit more restrictive on our content going forward, but this needs to be discussed further within the company.

I gotta say I'm rather surprised. Most other places would ignore it :P
Goes to show what I know about the people that are around here. As long as some people start considering it. I'll hang around for any answers.

Thanks!
JurassicParkfan
JurassicParkfan
33 posts
Nomad

Thanks AG!!!!!
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

So many of these ads that are "inappropriate" have more appropriate game play than a lot of games here on AG. Those ads for things like wartunes, and evony are so different from the actual game play in them.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

This is what I like about AG. They care.

Best web site staff I've come across

What you all have to realize is that AG gets paid to post Ads on their site. They have to make money some way and that is simply one of the easiest ways, however I agree that they could put them in more subtle areas and they don't have to have the roll over adds. But I don't mind any of them, just deal with it.
meed1
meed1
28 posts
Peasant

So many of these ads that are "inappropriate" have more appropriate game play than a lot of games here on AG. Those ads for things like wartunes, and evony are so different from the actual game play in them.

Well that's not really the point. If AG wants an "inappropriate" game on their site, it's not gonna bother me that much, because I don't have to play it. But when there's an inappropriate Ad on the page, I can't just "not see it".
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Meed's right, you can make a choice not to play a game with inappropriate content, but when they flash ads with all THAT on them, you can't just say, "Hey, I won't look at them," because they take up such a big portion of the screen.

I'm glad the staff is listening.

meed1
meed1
28 posts
Peasant

Don't want to seem pushy at all, but it's been 5 days and I'd rest easier if I knew how long things like this would usually take. Thanks.

meed1
meed1
28 posts
Peasant

Almost been two weeks, any news yet?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Is there a particular ad you're having problems with meed1? We've talked about keeping our ads less sexual. It's just a matter of monitoring now.

Showing 16-30 of 113