ForumsSupport ForumNifty Trick

18 3646
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Well I found out a nifty little trick when I was searching for a game. Even though the community search has been taken out you can still search the community! Want to know how?

Put this in the web address: http://armorgames.com/search/&quotut what you want to search her"/community

So if I want to search for a topic named hi, I just put that it in and it takes me... here!

• 18 Replies
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Ugh, sorry that came out wrong.

Where the word "hi" is you can put whatever you want to search.

http://armorgames.com/search/hi/community

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Thats the same as like keeping the link to the chat rules or something. Its a link you can only go trough by typing it in the address bar.

It will probably be removed.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Yea you can do this with afew things. But there is no real point to it because if you are a active member in the community forums then you shoudl know what people posted and if you read the rules you will also know.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea of course. The link typing is similar to how i found the guide to merits.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

@ StarScreamer

I will know what people posted if I read the rules? Well actually I read the rules and I see nothing about what previous posts have been.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I don't understand...

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

This is a little weird. I don't understand this thread, please use better description.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Read my second post. It's really explained as well as it can be. Just copy and paste the link from my second post in the address bar and the where the word "hi" is, you can put whatever you want to search in the community threads.

CokeCokeCoke
CokeCokeCoke
12 posts
Nomad

Yes, but is it allowed for use by members?

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Yeah from what I can understand, they took the community search out of the drop-down bar at the top to make some repairs. I don't believe there would be anything wrong with us still searching.

CokeCokeCoke
CokeCokeCoke
12 posts
Nomad

Does anybody from the AG team or any of the moderators know about this?

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Well I am sure they have seen this thread. But really it's not that big of a deal.

CokeCokeCoke
CokeCokeCoke
12 posts
Nomad

Well, nice find GregWeeler.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

That's gonna get taken away lol, but i have to admit, it is pretty cool.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

Why would they take this out?

Showing 1-15 of 18