ForumsWEPRSupreme Court's 5-4 Decision to Strike DoMA Provision

41 19071
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision to remove and change a specific Defense of Marriage Act's provision, where, to those that apply, married homosexual couples now receive both the benefits (and detriments, pffhffhff) of the average married couple: tax, health and pension benefits that were once denied to them previously.

How will this affect YOU in the future? (derogatory slurs imminent)

I feel something. Something warm. It feels like tolerance and progression of the human legacy.

• 41 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

As long as I'm not forced to be homosexual

I'm not sure if that's even possible, short of being inebriated or something.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Did anyone mention Robert Patterson's vituperative rhetoric and attempt to shift the blame to gay clerks in the judiciary for impelling the judges to strike DoMA down?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think it's good. There were some people rioting about it today in a town near here. To be honest, the same town hosted a KKK speech back in '96, so I can't say I'm surprised.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

the same town hosted a KKK speech

Stay away from that town
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Stay away from that town

I was kind of born there, and I live very close, so that's a bit difficult.

If it's any consolation, the current administration denounces any current ties with the KKK and the anti-homosexual riots aren't backed by anyone in the town's government. But you have to understand that a similar demographic of people still live there.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

There were some people rioting about it today

these same people are shouting usa is the land of freedom, right.... xD

As long as I'm not forced to be homosexual or be put into a homosexual marriage

i dunno your family traditions, but if they choose a partner for you. then you have to ask them to not come home with a guy for you. 0.o
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm not sure if that's even possible, short of being inebriated or something.

That wouldn't even do it. I suppose it might be able to be done with some sort of combination of gene therapy and chemical castration.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I suppose it might be able to be done with some sort of combination of gene therapy and chemical castration.

you'll have to change certain brain area's to activate and deactivate under certain circumstances in life.
if your gonna play whit the brain the outcome mostly isn't very good. so lets not do that. oke? =P
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

you'll have to change certain brain area's to activate and deactivate under certain circumstances in life.
if your gonna play whit the brain the outcome mostly isn't very good. so lets not do that. oke? =P

Never said it was a good idea to do, but yeah chemical castration and gene therapy could probably do the trick.
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

As long as I'm not forced to be homosexual or be put into a homosexual marriage (which will probably never happen), this is fine with me.

As long as you haven't forced anyone to be heterosexual or be put into a heterosexual marriage (which you probably haven't), then you are fine with me.
benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

May I make the comment that The supreme court acted more out of state rights then gay rights, so saying

I feel something. Something warm. It feels like tolerance and progression of the human legacy.

I feel is a little wrong.
And I very much agree with the supreme court's decision because DoMA was another piece of legislation the Federal government used to take power away from the states and to oppress Homosexuals.
Showing 31-41 of 41