ForumsPopular MediaLe Tour de France 2013

41 17412
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's coming people, it's starting on June 29th!
I can't wait for it to start. Who will win this year?

• 41 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

who is the biggest dopy this year? contest =o (sorry couldn't resist)

i like the tour tho, and they said it will be a hard year. the 1st 8 days are in the mountains already. not like other years where the 1st week is just boring and some hills.
i'm looking forward to it. i dont have a fav. or even know any by their name. i liked the sleck brothers tho. i hope they will be returning this year. they make for a good show.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

i like the tour tho, and they said it will be a hard year. the 1st 8 days are in the mountains already. not like other years where the 1st week is just boring and some hills.
i'm looking forward to it. i dont have a fav. or even know any by their name. i liked the sleck brothers tho. i hope they will be returning this year. they make for a good show.

Yeah, the mountain stages are my favorite. I hope the Shleck brothers do well this year. They haven't done much the past two years.
Also I'm hoping that Thor is back, he was hurt last year and it wasn't as fun without him.
Will Sylvain Chavanel be back as well?
I can't find a list of the racers anywhere so I have no idea who's going to be there. I know that Georges Hincapi (not sure about the spelling)said he wouldn't be back after 16 years.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Another doping event... no thank you.

What's wrong with that?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Another doping event... no thank you.

Why do you comment then if you're not interested in watching it?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Who will win this year?

The same person that wins every year, the person that crosses the finish line first.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The same person that wins every year, the person that crosses the finish line first.

It's not quite the way it works. That's how you win if you're looking to get the green jersey (sprinter) and the polka dot jersey (king of the mountain) but the yellow one (the most important one) is won when you finish with less time after the whole competition.
There's also a white jersey (best rookie) and the team prize for the team who finish with less time also.
So as you can see, there's a lot of good stuff going on.
I can't wait for it to start because 3/4 of my life revolves around biking.
I love everything from MB, BMX, X-Games, trial, road race, everything that has a bike in it is good for me.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What a ridiculous stage 1!
The organizers (idiots) didn't put the arrival banner high enough so when the official bus passed under, it got stuck, breaking the AC on the roof and the timer on the banner.
It happened 20 minutes before the riders arrived for the final sprint.
Everything went to hell from there.
The team bosses were told that the arrival was moved to the 3KM banner but then they realized that it wasn't suitable for a sprint so about 4 minutes before the riders arrived, they managed to remove the bus so they told the teams that everything was okay.
Then a first crash occurred, followed by a second one, taking out Cavendish and Sagan, then Greipel (3rd sprinter) broke his bike so none of the favorites were able to sprint to the line.
I was hoping Mark Cavendish would get his first yellow jersey but it wasn't to be.
What a mess!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Yellow is most important to you maybe. I like green though. It suits me more than yellow.

What channel is it on? NBC Sports?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What channel is it on? NBC Sports?

Yes it is.
I like green though.

It's the most exiting one. It's the buildup (last 10 km) to the last 500 m where they all start pushing like maniacs to cross the line first.
The king of the mountain is fun to watch as well.
It's the rider who gets the most mountain points who wins the polka dot jersey.
Even an average climber can win it if he wins enough intermediate stages within a stage.
Sometimes they allow points for 3 to 4 climbs per stages so it's worth the effort.
furrycritter241
furrycritter241
36 posts
Nomad

[b]Bonjour!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I just cannot find the interest in watching it. It isn't exciting to me. Honestly it is like NASCAR where the crashes are the most interesting part.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I just cannot find the interest in watching it. It isn't exciting to me. Honestly it is like NASCAR where the crashes are the most interesting part.

:O You can't compare an international competition with a redneck one where the cars are turning to the left all the time!
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I just cannot find the interest in watching it. It isn't exciting to me.

it's not a sport to watch at all the time.
it's a sport to listen at while doing other stuff. and look up when you mention that the announcers are acting different.
Artemisbow
Artemisbow
4 posts
Nomad

Boy you guys are BORING

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Boy you guys are BORING

If we're so boring why don't you add a constructive comment about the TDF?
Pierre Rolland keeps his polka dot jersey, Simon Gerrants win the 3rd stage.by barely beating Sagan to the finish line.
The race itself was boring to me but man what a great landscape!
The Corsican part is over, tomorrow they start the team trial back in France.
Showing 1-15 of 41