ForumsPopular Media

Le Tour de France 2013

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 9, '13 at 5:23pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

Marcel Kittel wins the stage, Greipel finished 2nd and Cavendish 3rd.
Cavendish lost his concentration because a leadout rider for Kittel blocked him and he pushed him to the left and he crashed.
I don't known if he'll be penalized for it but he shouldn't since the other guy blocked him.
Nazi NBC is doing a crappy job as usual. They didn't even show the podium ceremony. I hate NBC, they're just parasites stealing sporting events from other networks just so they can make big money with advertisements.

Posted Jul 10, '13 at 8:08pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

Tony Martin wins the individual time trial and Chris Froome increase his lead for the yellow jersey. Now the times are getting pretty big so many riders will have to use strategies in the mountain stages.

I wish the time trial wouldn't count for the yellow jersey though because it's unfair for the riders who don't use steroids. The winner should just get a prize and the usual podium ceremony.

Tomorrow is a flat stage though so the sprinters should be fighting for the win.

Posted Jul 11, '13 at 4:08pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

Marcel Kittel wins the sprint (stage). A crash occurred right before they started the final sprint, taking down Greipel. Cavendish was ahead, looking to win the stage when Kittel came from behind, barely beating him at the line.
That was surprising since Cavendish never looses when he takes off.

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 5:08pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

OMG, what an exciting stage! Usually flat stages are boring until the last km when the sprinters fight each others.
Not this time though! Team Omega-Pharma started to raise the pace, putting Valverde (2nd place)  in trouble. Froome was in the lead then all of a sudden, the the Saxo team started accelerating, putting Froome in trouble and dropping most of the sprinters. Cavendish beats Sagan at the finish, winning his 25th stage. Froome came 1:08 min later, loosing some time for the yellow jersey. Contador wins that minute over the leader!
Wow, that was unexpected!

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 12:57am

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

Am I the only one watching it?

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 7:38pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

I missed today's stage. The dish guy came to install 2 hoppers and he had some technical problem so it took a long time and I lost my recording since it was on my DVR.

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 7:47pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

Don't worry, I'm still watching! I just couldn't post my opinions here :P

Valverde definitely seems out of the running for first now. To be honest, he didn't look too good even on probably his best stage, the first mountain one. It's just everyone else didn't look good either!

I'm probably just going to be pushing for Nairo Quintana to win the white jersey and maybe even have a high finish in the overall standings now.

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 3:50pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

Froome wins the stage of Mont Venteux, Kintana is 2nd by 29 seconds, Contador came behind with 1:40 min lost.

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 5:30pm

antiloopje

antiloopje

15 posts

It's Ventoux and Quintana :)

About your time trial remark: time trials are a bit boring to watch, but in a way they are the essence of cycling: no tactics, no hiding away, just you against the chrono. The strongest man wins.

I assume that, without accidents, Froome will keep the yellow all the way to Paris. I also expect Quintana to move up a spot or two on the GC by then. He made me a fan. As a Belgian, it is a pitty Vandenbroeck dropped out, because considering the relative weak field, he could have ended on the podium.

I'm especially looking forward to the stage with 2x Alpe dHuez

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 10:19pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,976 posts

Knight

It's Ventoux

Oops, my mistake, I thought American TV massacred the name like they often do.

I'm especially looking forward to the stage with 2x Alpe dHuez

Me too.
Andy Schleck disappointed me, I thought he was good in the mountain stages. Hopefully he'll recover or maybe it's because most of the top riders are doping and Andy isn't.