ForumsPopular MediaLe Tour de France 2013

41 17380
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's coming people, it's starting on June 29th!
I can't wait for it to start. Who will win this year?

• 41 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

tomorrow finaly we get some time differences. the tactical part is about to begin. ^^

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

tomorrow finaly we get some time differences. the tactical part is about to begin

Yeah that should be interesting. Anyone bet on Radioshack or team Sky?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The Orica GreenEdge wins the team time trial with 25:56
Second place is Omega-Pharma-Quick Step with 25:57
Third place is Sky ProCycling with 25:59
Fourth place is Team Saxo-Tinkoff with 26:05
So now we have different times for the Yellow jersey!

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

"And Peter Sagan has said goodbye to Corsica with a big victory today!"

"Well, the board has Simon Gerrans winning the stage, but they will certainly change that, won't they."

"And it looks like Gerrans actually crossed the line in first!"

>.>

Aside from that, the team time trial was a really interesting race today. I thought for a moment that Saxo-Tinkoff and Alberto Contador would somehow win the stage, but an another miraculous victory came from Orica GreenEdge!

Boy you guys are BORING

I just cannot find the interest in watching it. It isn't exciting to me. Honestly it is like NASCAR where the crashes are the most interesting part.

If you think the Tour is boring, try watching baseball ;D
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Cavendish won the sprint in Marseilles! That was the only interesting moment of the stage for me, the rest was a little boring.
Mark Cavendish now has 24 wins. Will he win the next one tomorrow?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Greipel won the stage.
Cavendish finished 4th. Considering that he crashed some 17 km before the arrival, it's not too bad.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Daryl Impey gets the yellow jersey and Sylvain Chavanel is only 6 seconds behind. Peter Sagan keeps the green jersey.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Peter Sagan wins the intermediate sprint and the final sprint (stage) so he now has a huge lead in the green jersey competition.
Tomorrow the real mountain stage begin! One HC climb and 1 category top finish.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I like how some American kid always wins some time trial jacket, then falls off the map once the thing actually starts. XD

But definitely going to watch the mountain phase tomorrow. One of the truly impressive displays of athleticism out there.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Team Sky lead Chris Froom to the victory today.
Now we start to sort the men from the boys.
Man what an exciting stage!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Dan Martin from Garmin Sharp wins the stage.
Wow, so much strategy and what a nasty stage for the non climbers!
4 category 1 climbs total. The Moviestar team did a good job crushing everybody but Chris Froom managed to stay with them all the way so he's still the leader in the yellow jersey competition.
One rider fell into a ditch!
A very exciting stage!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

If you think the Tour is boring, try watching baseball ;D

I'm making baseball interesting to me the best way how: reading a ton of manga about it LOL. Seriously, so far, it's made boxing, bowling, and baking a hell of a lot more interesting.

But not cycling. I don't think I've ever encountered a cycling manga. Then again cycling isn't a big sport in Japan, I don't think...
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

But not cycling. I don't think I've ever encountered a cycling manga. Then again cycling isn't a big sport in Japan, I don't think...

Well there's at least one, his name is Harashiro I think.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Marcel Kittel wins the stage, Greipel finished 2nd and Cavendish 3rd.
Cavendish lost his concentration because a leadout rider for Kittel blocked him and he pushed him to the left and he crashed.
I don't known if he'll be penalized for it but he shouldn't since the other guy blocked him.
Nazi NBC is doing a crappy job as usual. They didn't even show the podium ceremony. I hate NBC, they're just parasites stealing sporting events from other networks just so they can make big money with advertisements.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Tony Martin wins the individual time trial and Chris Froome increase his lead for the yellow jersey. Now the times are getting pretty big so many riders will have to use strategies in the mountain stages.

I wish the time trial wouldn't count for the yellow jersey though because it's unfair for the riders who don't use steroids. The winner should just get a prize and the usual podium ceremony.

Tomorrow is a flat stage though so the sprinters should be fighting for the win.

Showing 16-30 of 41