ForumsNews and FeedbackWhere to install the signature?

5 4207
hoangthuansh
hoangthuansh
4 posts
Nomad

want to set a signature for your posts but did not see any hardship to find forever Where?

• 5 Replies
AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

As far as I know, there is no such option. You just have to type whatever you want underneath your post.

Cheers,
Aenye

http://duckduckgo.com/assets/badges/i_love_dax.png

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Yepp, there is no signature-feature available.

So if you want one you have to make it by your bare hands every time you post... or you make a signature on a document (word/wordpad/whatever), but you must perform a copy/paste-job then...^^

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... Or perhaps it's not there because it's deemed undesirable.

I wouldn't start introducing it by hand now that it isn't available, could well be frowned upon.

You know those forums where

all
drowned
in
tons
of
lengthy
huge
cute
animated
sigs?

Can't say I mind not having those

AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

You mean the AMGDITOLHCAS forums ? ;-) I've known a few in my time, but limitations in this subject can be easily enforced. It would be nice to be able to share some little thing with the people who read your posts. Nothing much - a good quote or a search engine link like in my case, no need to go gangsta on the poor forums.

Also, for some reason I believe that if asked to have some moderation, most of the community would listen without fail.

Cheers,
Aenye

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

You mean the AMGDITOLHCAS forums ? ;-)

Ah, we have a connoisseur

I know of forums where sigs get limited to showing up just once a page, of a given thread. It helps. (Save for the confusion of "see my sig." What sig, now having to explain it to the hapless newbie: See that person's first post on page, etc. Give the post # and now surely they've set their pages to a different post count. Arguably not possible here, yet.) Then weed out animations, set size and color limits, URL's (spam), etc. Can be done, I guess.

A call on self-regulating reason and moderation by all, though... Hmmm, you must be the better (wo-) man than I Would in any event only reach the regulars, wouldn't it. Now you can read that same highly clever and witty literary quote, over and over again...

I'm not dead against it, mind Just mostly figured maybe not to instruct people to throw in by hand what clearly hasn't been accommodated through technical means. But then arguably what do I know, I'm still feeling my way around here Over to the mods/admins!

Cheers.
Showing 1-5 of 5