Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Traditional Catholics

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 9:48am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

http://fisheaters.com/traditionalcathol …

This has basically everything you need to know about the true religion. 

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2013/02/27/traditional-popes-vs-new-popes/

And this is exactly what i was talking about the popes.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 11:35am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,843 posts

Knight

404 error.

Though that sums up everything about Catholicism, all other branches of Christianity, and all religions we have today.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 12:52pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Check out the second link.   Highlight it and right-click and press got to.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 1:33pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 5:47pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Are we supposed to be discussing traditional Catholics, or what? I don't get what's going on here.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 6:23pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

Though that sums up everything about Catholicism, all other branches of Christianity, and all religions we have today.

Indeed.

Are we supposed to be discussing traditional Catholics, or what? I don't get what's going on here.

I believe it is an attempt to prove a not so obvious point.

Personally, I do not have faith in religious structures. I believe that true knowledge of the world we live in is to obtained by living life, as appose to being told what it is in a book and having multiple interpretations as to what it may or may not mean.

I also think that the KJV Bible is not the true bible, if it were a true interpretation of everything that exists it is not to be translated. It is a proven fact that certain things can be lost in translation, so most of the bibles details are proven to have been lost. And I don't see a purpose to believe in a puzzle. But that is for another discussion.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 7:19pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,814 posts

has basically everything you need to know about the true religion. 

Thats your opinion... sure some others will share this sight with you, but im pretty sure some other have another sight, their own religion... and they called it also the "true religion".
And some others are against any form of religion and they also claim they are right.

All in all this whole "true religon"-thing is dangerous... wars based on different points of view and some wars was fought in the name of "god/the one and only true religion"... and some still fight.

Next time maybe forget the "true"... and only call it "religion", thats less offensive.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 7:23pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I believe that true knowledge of the world we live in is to obtained by living life, as appose to being told what it is in a book

Books are extremely beneficial when trying to understand the world around us. As one person, you cannot have every other person's viewpoint, nor can you experience their lives, nor can you simply be them. Books, movies, music and other artistic aspects of communication are fabulous for gaining knowledge regarding life. I believe it's kind of thin to think otherwise.

For example, this year I had to write an essay on existentialism. Existentialism is the idea that there is no God and everyone functions according to how their brain works. Emotion, free will, conscious development and similar ideas don't exist. We only think they exist because we're meant to. I understand that much, but the essay was about how existentialists behave. I'm no existentialist, so I read a great book, The Stranger, that explored the existentialist mind through the life of a guy named Meursault (or something like that). The book really helped me understand the lives of existentialists, and I have no doubt that books can help me understand life in other areas.

multiple interpretations as to what it may or may not mean.

But multiple interpretations help us think! There is very little in life that's simple enough to have one interpretation for. If we don't have multiple interpretations of life or its aspects, we will be very stupid.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 7:25pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I understand that much

I understood*

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 8:20pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

has basically everything you need to know about the true religion.

What makes it any more true than any other religion?

But multiple interpretations help us think! There is very little in life that's simple enough to have one interpretation for. If we don't have multiple interpretations of life or its aspects, we will be very stupid.

If you site three scientists down on a single issue each with a different interpretation, you will eventually get a single interpretation of the data.

If you site three priests down on a single issue each with a different interpretation, you will eventually get three different interpretations of the data.

Reply to Traditional Catholics

You must be logged in to post a reply!