ForumsWEPRTraditional Catholics

88 30625
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html

This has basically everything you need to know about the true religion.

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2013/02/27/traditional-popes-vs-new-popes/

And this is exactly what i was talking about the popes.

• 88 Replies
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I was shown a link to a poll awhile ago and the most scriptural-apt peoples were, in order, the Jews, the Atheists, and then the Mormons. Most of the other conventional christian religions, including Catholics, scored very poorly.

There's absolutely no way to prove this lol.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Gladly
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matt 16:17

.....and that made him the pope? It never even says anything to the effect of "Congrats Pope Peter!" or even Christ giving him a blessing. He says Peter is BLESSED, not he is BEING blessed or anointed to a position in the church.

He's saying that Peter knows for himself that Christ is the Christ and that it was revealed to him, not by man, but by the Spirit, and that's what His church is founded on.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I could, I just don't remember which of my awesome atheist friends posted the link, or where.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

.....and that made him the pope? It never even says anything to the effect of "Congrats Pope Peter!" or even Christ giving him a blessing. He says Peter is BLESSED, not he is BEING blessed or anointed to a position in the church.

You're relying too much on the wording, forget how the passage is worded for a sec and then think of what the words may really mean.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The term "Pope" didn't come around till later.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

You're relying too much on the wording, forget how the passage is worded for a sec and then think of what the words may really mean.

Do share, because I felt I did a fair job of interpreting that scripture.

The term "Pope" didn't come around till later.

Evidently. So what did he call Peter to do then?
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Do share, because I felt I did a fair job of interpreting that scripture.

Share what? I'm just saying that you should not rely very heavily on the wording of the scriptures. It's the meaning that really counts.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Share what? I'm just saying that you should not rely very heavily on the wording of the scriptures. It's the meaning that really counts.

I know, I'm asking what your interpreted meaning of the scripture is.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I know, I'm asking what your interpreted meaning of the scripture is.

Don't take my word for granted, because I'm just an amateur ;:P Jesus gives Peter 'leadership' (I couldn't think of another word, my vocabulary is not very large) over the Church in Earth.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because it's the same religion started by Christ, only modified by worthy authorities.

This doesn't tell us anything of the validity of the truth claim. No more than this does.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/napkin_religion.jpg

Even more so you're saying it's true because it was he truth altered. Doing so would discount it's truth claim even if it's base line was the case.

Pope John XXIII, fake, Ven. Paul VI, fake, Servant of God John Paul I, fake, St. John Paul II, fake, Emperor Palpat... I mean Benedict XVI, fake, and Francis is FAKE.

You seem to have no valid justification for regarding these popes as fake. It couldn't be because they changed things, you're religion is already based on a religion that was changed, as you noted a sentence before.

They have desecrated the sacraments.

They just modified them as your religion modified things in the past.

He started the church, oh wait, atheists know more about my beliefs than me...oh wait again, no they don't! He instituted most of the sacraments and ordained the first Pope.

There is a good chance Jesus didn't even really exist. But I suppose that would be a discussion for another topic.

You mean other than getting a good sample size together and asking them questions on the matter?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Because it's the same religion started by Christ,

What about Steve-ism, which was started by the holy Carl?
What makes Jesus more of an authority than Carl?

Pope John XXIII, fake, Ven. Paul VI, fake, Servant of God John Paul I, fake, St. John Paul II, fake, Emperor Palpat... I mean Benedict XVI, fake, and Francis is FAKE. As I've said, Pope Pius XII was the last valid pope.

Nah..those we the real popes, all the ones Pope Pius XII back were fake.

Yes there is, it's called performing tests.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

What about Steve-ism, which was started by the holy Carl?
What makes Jesus more of an authority than Carl?

Ah, simwae! You can adore and revere Holy Carl as much as you want in Steve-ism, but let us do the same with Jesus in our religion. It's a mutual bond of tolerance.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

You can adore and revere Holy Carl as much as you want in Steve-ism, but let us do the same with Jesus in our religion. It's a mutual bond of tolerance.

Adoration and reverence has nothing to do with truth value.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matt 16:17

The name Peter means Rock, in the original aramaic or hebrew, the bolded words were the same, the belief that Peter and the rock that the church was built on didn't start until the mistranslated greek, which used the masculine version of the world Petros instead of Petra (or whatever the words were), which in one dialect of greek, Petros means pebble and Petra means boulder.

~~~Darth Caedus
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Don't take my word for granted, because I'm just an amateur ;:P Jesus gives Peter 'leadership' (I couldn't think of another word, my vocabulary is not very large) over the Church in Earth.

I appreciate the attitude; many Christians on here are arrogantly sure their blind faith proves all.

I'm just not seeing him given any leadership, other than saying he is blessed for knowing who He is, and that this is the rock of His church.
Showing 31-45 of 88