ForumsPopular MediaLive Music & Concerts

10 6683
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What's the best group live? What's the worst group live?

Why do you like live music? Why do you dislike live music?

Have you ever seen a group live? How were they?

Anything else related to live music is great too!

---

What's the best group live?

I have seen Tool live, and it was absolutely fantastic. It was an art show mixed with music! Keenen is very emotional live, Jones uses amplifiers to emit guitar all throughout the stadium, Carey holds it all together and Chancellor puts the foundation in. When I saw them, they played the modified version of Pu****, which is eargasmic.

What is the worst band live?

Asking Alexandria. Never again.
  • 10 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Pu****

Push + It. I should have caught that.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I saw Coldplay for my Birthday, on their Myli Xyloto tour. A good album, though the older ones are far better I think. It was really cool, with giant beCh balls, confetti, lasers, etc. opening act was some forgettable swedish pop star from the 90s. Aside from the show being obviously choreographed down to the dramatic collapse, it was great. The best part was when they came out to a special stage in the way backand performed "Fix You" for all of us in the nose bleed seats.

"And high up above, or down below.
500 meters from band, at a Coldplay show..."

*insane cheering*

DMB was good live too, since they just jam the entire time. Which was fine with me, since I only know a few of their songs.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What's the best group live? What's the worst group live?

Why do you like live music? Why do you dislike live music?

Well, there are lots of people that are probably good live. As for bad live, anyone that cannot really sing.
Live music is good, but indoors I did not like. Outdoors would probably be a lot better.

The only music person I have seen live is Carrie Underwood. It was inside which I think hurt the show a bit. Also while all of her songs are good and she can sing really well, she isn't great at pumping up the crowd. Overall, it was a good show but could have been better.
Tianabuch
Tianabuch
12 posts
Peasant

I recently saw the band New Politics live and they were amazing, worst live would have to be anyone who just can't sing and/or play well.

I like live music because it;s a different experience than listening to the album at home. My only issue with it is the occasional idiot who ruins it (usually acoustic sets) for everybody.

I've only seen Fall Out Boy and New Politics live a few weeks ago and they were both great.

Tianabuch
Tianabuch
12 posts
Peasant

I recently saw the band New Politics live and they were amazing, worst live would have to be anyone who just can't sing and/or play well.

I like live music because it;s a different experience than listening to the album at home. My only issue with it is the occasional idiot who ruins it (usually acoustic sets) for everybody.

I've only seen Fall Out Boy and New Politics live a few weeks ago and they were both great.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Pentatonix is the best, the worst being about any group that uses a lot of autotune. If it wasn't good in the first place, it'll definitely sound horrible live.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I was at an Iron Maiden concert recently. Simply awesome! The Eddie puppets gave an extra touch to the show, and they played many big hits.

The reason I go to concerts is primarily for the band, seeing them play live. But almost as important to me is the ambience. Some bands create a real cool ambience with their music, and if you have a full stadium cheering, it's great. After all, sound quality is usually better on discs and the singers are sometimes older, so the music is not everything.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

What's the best group live?

-iron maiden, such a awsome show. you just gotta love eddie.... and the music. =o it just blows you mind. seriously...
or
-tenacious d, their show is is just one big act. xD whole story beside the great songs aswell. their so funny. =P

What's the worst group live?

no doubt, that is system of a down.....
can someone plz. shut up the mic from the drummer!!!!! stop singing idiot. xD

Why do you like live music?

nha live music is usualy worse then recorded music, but the atmosphere of a concert matches non other. =D

Why do you dislike live music?

it's not often that it sounds great. due to where you are in the building or field. normally it only sound good around the "music island" (is thats how it's called in english?)

so many... still like to go to them, but i'm not moshing in the pit anymore. well sometimes but not the whole time.
there have been good and bad one's... the most incredible was probably machine head. they played in antwerp, and the show itself was great already, a fairly small stage. so even in the back you were still sort of on the front row. =D but then the show was over everyone went home and we were waiting for our ride to arrive who had gone lost in antwerp somewhere. xD
after about a hour the band gone out aswell into their truck. and we got talking with them a bit about that we were the only once left. waiting for a lost driver. xD and they invited us over in their car to wait. =o =D
a free 2 hour meet and greed. =P it was really awesome. a night i'll never forget...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

no doubt, that is system of a down.....
can someone plz. shut up the mic from the drummer!!!!! stop singing idiot. xD

party..what are you talking about? This isn't the first time I've seen this comment.

I'm an avid SOAD fan..and have seen hundreds of their live videos..and in none have I seen John sing..let alone him have a mic near him
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Well I haven't seen anyone live that I remember, really. I haven't gone to BayFest in years and the lineup is getting worse and worse.... BUT I am going to Warped Tour this year (end of the month woot) and there will be tons of bands @_@ Super excited.
I've seen a lot of live videos on youtube and stuff but that is nothing compared to being there, so I prefer to ACTUALLY be there instead of just watching videos. Especially since everyone does a little improv live, and if I'm expecting to hear the track and it comes out different when I'm watching the video, I get a little bummed. Nothing compares to having the music so loud it vibrates your bones.

Showing 1-10 of 10