ForumsArt, Music, and WritingIvanxxxxxxx arts

224 102335
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I love to draw and paint,so far I've done over 1000 paintings.
In this topic I will post my paintings that I think are the best ones.

http://s24.postimg.org/uxivnhpwl/ivanart.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/ug1nhhn3z/ivanart_1.jpg

• 224 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I think I found me... twice... I'm not sure which one is me [SPOILERS: the picture in the cave in the upper right corner or the mage in the ice cube].
Anyway, this thing is awesome. It's a lot better than the last one, but there's waaaay too much movie references.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

References(that I know)

Cartoon characters: Garfield, Tom and Jerry, Marvin(from looney toons)

Movies: Squirrel thing from Ice Age, Darth Vader and Yoda from StarWars, Guy climbing on the cliff at the bottom; Prince of Persia(?), Predator, guy dodging bullets Matrix style, poster of Gandalf the Grey, Transformer symbols(on the castle), Ghostbusters sign, Superman, Spiderman, Rambo

Video games: Scropion and Subzero from Mortal Kombat, Blanka from Street fighter(?).

That's all I knew.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

For a second there, I thought I was that skinny skeletal-looking fellow near the center, but that turned out to be Spiderman. =P

I guess I'll keep looking, but a hint would greatly be appreciated!

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm I keep looking, but I really have no idea. The painting is pretty cool though! Good job!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Wow, amazing work! Lots of little details.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Oh, this is awesome. Really great job, Ivan

There are a lot of references in the painting! Some seem familiar, but I just can't remember where they're from. However, I see two pipes from Mario Bros games. Oh, and a Stargate and one of these eyed towers from LOTR (can't recall its name at the moment)

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Best artist evar!!

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I like the hero that has a peg leg

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@GandalftheGrey666

I think I found me... twice... I'm not sure which one is me [SPOILERS:
the picture in the cave in the upper right corner or the mage in the ice cube].
Anyway, this thing is awesome. It's a lot better than the last one, but
there's waaaay too much movie references.

Thanks! You're right about one thing. It is a word ''twice''
But there is only one tag. Since you've already guessed, and you have to admit that it wasn't been so difficult,plus you're the first person who gave a comment,I'll tell you.

Your original tag: Poster in a cave with the inscription: Have you seen this wizard?

References:
-Wizard within poster: character Gandalf
Movie: The Lord of the rings (2001)
Movie: Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

I combined these two elements to create something unique!

Regarding references to movies,you say that there are too much movie references,well,I can only tell you that you can find references from cartoons and games in equal number. XD But I appreciate your opinion, thanks!

@R2D21999

References(that I know)

Cartoon characters: Garfield, Tom and Jerry, Marvin(from looney toons)

Movies: Squirrel thing from Ice Age, Darth Vader and Yoda from StarWars, Guy climbing on the cliff at the bottom; Prince of Persia(?), Predator, guy dodging bullets Matrix style, poster of Gandalf the Grey, Transformer symbols(on the castle), Ghostbusters sign, Superman, Spiderman, Rambo

Video games: Scropion and Subzero from Mortal Kombat, Blanka from Street fighter(?).

That's all I knew.

Excellent R2D21999,You have successfully found half of the references.Great job XD

Your questions:

1.Guy climbing on the cliff at the bottom; Prince of Persia(?)
-For this...,well I suggest that you take a look at previous painting first,
and do not let the position of character trick you.There is one detail which can
certainly tell you who can that be. Do not let him fool you just because he turned his back
Hint: Also, this character is connected to you,somehow ?!? XD

2.Blanka from Street fighter(?)

Yep! You're right!
Character name: Blanka, a beast-like man from Brazil who was raised in the jungle.
Game reference: Street Fighter 2 (1991)
Platform: Arcade

Your original tag:
Hint: Your first question! Think creatively!

@Skeleton_Pilot

For a second there, I thought I was that skinny skeletal-looking fellow near the center, but that turned out to be Spiderman. =P

I guess I'll keep looking, but a hint would greatly be appreciated!

At the moment you got me confused too. :P
Hint: One of the characters only looks as a living being,but when he takes off the mask, and performs something..... his true face is shown! Who can that be? XD

@Balloon__Girl

Hmmm I keep looking, but I really have no idea. The painting is pretty cool though! Good job!

Thanks! Do you remember that on one occasion you told me the name of your favorite movie. Now, search for the unique thing from that movie,and you can not miss it! XD

@UnleashedUponMankind

Many things to catch
Great job.

Thanks! Please observe this as illustrated animation,its much more entertaining. Original tag hint: It looks like you found matches this time,too bad it is fatal for someone!

@Ferret

Wow, amazing work! Lots of little details.

Thanks! I was trying to throw as many details as possible,but still to retain
some sense.I planned everything carefully but partly I am pleased with the results. Why partly? I expected much more,simply stated. I'm way too much self-critical. I noticed some small errors,also there are some things I would like to change so the painting could be more complex,some shadows are not deep enough and much more... but it is too late for that now.

@kegaumongo

Oh, this is awesome. Really great job, Ivan

There are a lot of references in the painting! Some seem familiar, but I just can't remember where they're from. However, I see two pipes from Mario Bros games. Oh, and a Stargate and one of these eyed towers from LOTR (can't recall its name at the moment)

Thank you very much! I have already sent you a hint about your original tag.But I will repeat it again. Do you remember what Frank did you last time! Now, find Frank in the new painting, then observe around,and think creatively!

@Charlie506

Best artist evar!!

I would not say so,but thanks anyway. The truth is that these things do not come overnight. In my case, the talent did not played any role,so this is an outcome of hard work and many exercises. When I was in high school one of my favorite classes were technical drawing,descriptive geometry,
3D-Modelling and visual isometry. Those were my beginnings of serious drawing.Later on, I only fitted knowledge from high school with art. At university I did not have enough time to improve myself, because I chose to study something which would allow me to earn for a living. Such is life!
So the drawing now turned into a hobby and nothing more.

@weirdlike

I like the hero that has a peg leg

I do not know on who do you mean exactly, and from which painting you were observing? All the characters were performed to fit into the world of Kingdom Rush.Can you be more specific? Is it some character from Kingdom Rush game or is it from some reference (movie, cartoon, PC/arcade game)?
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

awesome that dragon reminds me of the 2nd movie of the hobbit

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

well I suggest that you take a look at previous painting first,

Frank, right?

So this is the thing with Frank back in the first one. Correct?
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

this guy

http://i.imgur.com/v0MscAh.jpg

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

@weirdlike

That's not a peg leg, he's walking.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@minecraftsniper

awesome that dragon reminds me of the 2nd movie of the hobbit

That is very interesting,you see, that dragon can be found in
the original Kingdom Rush Frontiers map (level). In other words,
painting is based on that level.
I also have the reasons to believe that it is a dragon from the
movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, but I can not guarantee.
Something is not right,my personal opinion is: Yes, it is the
dragon from Lord of the rings franchise,but I am sure that is not
from recent date (movie/game/cartoon).
Which leads me to the TV Movie (animated cartoon) The Hobbit (1977)

@R2D21999

well I suggest that you take a look at previous painting first,

Frank, right?

Yes! You are right, it is Frank. It was his proper position in the
painting.While climbing he must be facing his back side,but the axe
is a detail which reveals his identity.

So this is the thing with Frank back in the first one. Correct?

On the previous painting his axe was stained with oil,but now the
situation is reversed. Your original position is within the central
tower.

Now I will tell you some details about the tower,if you are not familiar
with. ''The DWAARP, short for Drilling Weaponised Auto-Attack Rumble Platform,
is a Level 4 Dwarven Bombard in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers.It creates localised
earthquakes to deal damage to enemies in its area of effect.''

Source: Kingdom Rush: Frontiers wikia

@weirdlike and @GandalftheGrey666

Yes,Gandal is right, he's walking actually. This is best seen If you
observe this as illustrated animation,rather than a static picture.
All the characters are connected somehow,and they all play some role like in a real battle. But you got a point, the foot actually looks like a pirate leg.
If this was done like a comic,I would not have any problems to convey the movement of the characters and all of their actions, but in this case I had to rely on the shadows and the position of objects in relation to each character individually. That is not a problem when its done in the frog perspective,all the figures are relative compared to objects,and the shadow is always in the same direction. But in this case, bird's-eye view with 3D base and 2D characters,there are certain rules that defy with physics.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Now I shall tell all references I know.

Kingdom Rush [logically], Transformers, Ghostbusters, DC Comics, Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, Batman, LOTR, Looney Tunes, Garfield, Super Mario Bros., Spiderman, Harry Potter, Street Fighter, Star Wars, The Matrix, Asterix and Obelix, Tom and Jerry and finally...
I guess the dragon near the chest with the AG shield is Dan McNeely or one of the admins, guarding AG.

Showing 181-195 of 224