ForumsWEPRThe LGBT Community

81 37788
darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

It seems it's no longer taboo for one to be part of this group, and in fact it is becoming popular media. Any thoughts?

• 81 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

As with any group, some parts are good and some are bad. I like the good ones but I don't like the bad ones.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

^ Yep.

This is an example of the bad. Is it queer black privilege to point out straight white privilege?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

This is an example of the bad. Is it queer black privilege to point out straight white privilege?

For a minute there..I thought you were pointing Macklemore as the "bad".

It really is such a frivolous and asinine thing to get upset about.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

{I wanna put this in the WERP; Popular Media is for discussion of works made by professional/famous artists.}

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'd say being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender pretty much is, just like having a mole or a headache (being heterosexual springs to mind) pretty much is.

Not too much there to have any thoughts on

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well it was just a matter of time. there will always be a group people look down at. and the more educated we get the more accepting we also get. just like blacks, jews, and women, this time its the LGBTs time.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I see no reason why this group gets so much flak other than the fact that they are pursuing happiness outside of traditional judeo-christian boundaries. the status quo needed to be challenged a long time ago, and I'm glad there is always someone willing to rise up to the call.

-Blade

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, That is a terrible article. Basically saying a straight-white-male can't advocate for racial or sexual minorities or perform hip hop.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Basically saying a straight-white-male can't advocate for racial or sexual minorities or perform hip hop.
Straight white men can't do hiphop? Well we all know that's false.

It's like they've never even heard of Vanilla Ice.
Zahz
Zahz
47 posts
Peasant

It's like they've never even heard of Vanilla Ice.

Straight white men can't do hip hop well. It's like you've never even heard Vanilla Ice.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Straight white men can't do hip hop well. It's like you've never even heard Vanilla Ice.

Are we talking hip-hop, or rap?

George Watsky, Eminem, Beastie Boys, Jonny 5, Sage Francis, Atmosphere, etc
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's like you've never even heard Vanilla Ice.

It's like you've never even heard a joke.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Homo hop does need to get more exposure though. Cakes da Killa is great.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Homo hop

I'm sorry..I'm really not liking this title. What's wrong with it just being a part of hip hop? Why the segregation of classification from the sole fact of the sexual orientation of the performer?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'm really not liking this title

I lol'd.

What's wrong with it just being a part of hip hop? Why the segregation of classification from the sole fact of the sexual orientation of the performer?

Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. And I saw it as because of the song content, not the sexuality of the singer.
Showing 1-15 of 81