ForumsWEPRThe LGBT Community

81 37810
darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

It seems it's no longer taboo for one to be part of this group, and in fact it is becoming popular media. Any thoughts?

• 81 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Today, humans are the most advanced species on the planet.

What? No we're not....
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

As for why asexuals are considered part of the LGBTQ+ community, a sexual orientation regarded as "weird" or simply not recognised/accepted by the majority would surely want support from orientations suffering similar fates...

Perhaps, but when the discrimination arises because they are assumed to be homosexual, joining a group that is predominantly populated by and almost solely recognized for homosexuals may not be the best strategy.

Are you happy with simply LGBT? When you read that acronym, what do you think of?

Lemon Glaze Barbecued Turkey?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What do you mean by this post? Are you happy with simply LGBT? When you read that acronym, what do you think of?

I think of a diverse group of people looking for equality and acceptance.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Are you happy with simply LGBT? When you read that acronym, what do you think of?

Well similar to the BLT. This is Lettuce, Gouda(Cheese), Bacon and Tomato.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Today, humans are the most advanced species on the planet. When I was younger, something they taught me in biology was that all species have 2 basic goals: survival of self, and survival of species (reproduction).

By that flimsy definition, then the animals and plants we raise for food are far more successful than humans.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You can say the same on us... and even use the sentence abouve as a metaphore.

Showing 76-81 of 81