Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Terraria vs. Minecraft

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:27am

FallenSky

FallenSky

1,716 posts

That's a tricky one.

I love both for different reasons so it'd be unfair to judge them on the same base criterias.

I love terraria for it's arcade like action and wide range of equipables, however, when I build something on terraria, I don't feel any satisfaction whatsoever.
Minecraft lacks some action-wise components for sure, but whenever I build a house or a field of wheat, I fell that much more satisfied with myself; there's a greater sense of accomplishment in minecraft in my opinion. This ought to be due to the 3d.

Overall, I think I got a greater thrill out of minecraft, but needless to say, terraria's awesome too, and I'm expecting the July update to bring a nice touch to the ''building'' side of the game.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 11:29am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Terraria lasts longer because it takes longer to get to the high end stuff where in minecraft you can sometimes get to diamond within a few hours but I find I can come back to minecraft and play it again where with terraria I have to take a long break before I feel like playing it again.

Posted Jul 3, '13 at 5:31pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Im pretty sure this was already a topic at one point.

But anyway I would have to say I like Terraria more. It is more like an RPG with a small storyline and tons of enemies and some cool NPCs. Also terraria is more dynamic and challenging, meaning that is longer to play and makes me feel more accomplished.  Terraria also has lots of bosses and the ability to put your world into hardmode, makes the game last longer even after you have beat it.  I am really looking forward to the New update.

I'm not a big fan of minecraft because the game has less of a story and is less challenging. Being ""3D"'' makes the game a little cooler but the graphics are horrendous and doesn't make me want to play the game very long. Also minecraft doesn't give you the luxury of carrying your items between worlds. Which makes the game longer, in terraria you can bring your equipment to a new world and make the beginning faster. Also minecraft doesn't maintain much of an RPG aspect so, you never feel like you are working towards anything more than making a better house that can be destroyed in seconds by a Creeper.

Posted Oct 12, '13 at 10:44pm

budderfacey

budderfacey

1 post

terraria is a two d rip off of minecraft when you think about it

Posted Oct 14, '13 at 9:28am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

terraria is a two d rip off of minecraft when you think about it

Why is it?

Because you mine to progress?
How many other games before minecraft do you have to mine to progress?

Because you can build stuff out of blocks?
How many other games can you build stuff made out of blocks?

Because monsters come out at night or in the dark?
Once again how many other games have monsters that come out at night or in the dark

It is in no way a rip off they just have a similar idea thats all there is to it it's like saying that rome total war is a rip off of age of empires.

Posted Oct 15, '13 at 10:40pm

Drink

Drink

1,550 posts

if i had to chose to only play 1, it be minecraft, terraria the way that game is makes it so boring for me

Posted Oct 15, '13 at 11:46pm

rychus

rychus

1,189 posts

I've played both, and they are quite fun.

Minecraft's Pros:
3D, not a side-view like in Terraria
Easier multiplayer joining/setup
Better Graphics

Terraria Pros:
Only costs $9.99 on steam, 1200 Microsoft points for XBLA, and $14.99 on the PS3.
Smaller download size
More crafting options

Minecraft Cons:
Costs More :/
Larger download.
Less crafting.

Terraria Cons:
Doesn't get often updates like Minecraft does.
2D Platformer feel.

Posted Oct 16, '13 at 5:10am

jayjay9

jayjay9

439 posts

I played Minecraft ALOT for about a year. After around 10 months I think it got pretty boring.
So I tried Terraria and really liked it, haven't got into that much, since I bought some days ago (11 to be exact). But yeah, I really enjoy Terraria.

So I'll vote for Terraria.

Reply to Terraria vs. Minecraft

You must be logged in to post a reply!