ForumsGamesNew Game Coming Soon

38 10107
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

I am currently working on a Platform game, and will be publishing probably in the next few months! For now, stay tuned for previews every once in a while of the game. Make sure to report any bugs you find!

ETA of next preview: July 3rd or 4th

• 38 Replies
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

A few things I forgot to mention is I added the smoke effect to when falling onto the ground sometimes, also added springs, and added camera boundaries.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Bugs and other things found in the new preview:

1) Jumping on a spring causes a white screen. The only known fix is to refresh.

2) Attacking with A also includes movement.

3) The beach ball can be removed by attacking it.

4) The player slowly heals over time.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Because of swfcabin loading extremely low, just go to my website to play it:

@Patrick thanks for the feedback! And the slowly healing is because each point you collect gives you a little more health.

doomy64
doomy64
12 posts
Blacksmith

I got myself in a wall by holding down and a at the same time near the wall

doomy64
doomy64
12 posts
Blacksmith

Actually,holding the down key, the left or right key, and the a key, you can go at high speeds through a wall

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

New preview!

Dimonychan
Dimonychan
6 posts
Farmer

I wonder why there is so much noise about that? There are plenty of clones of famous games on Kongregate here and there. Screw graphics, there are a lot of games with bad graphics, but there are no such features that make it good and playable.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Very reminiscent of fancy pants, I wonder why...

Fancy Pants is one of the first flash games I ever played, and the game itself is kind of a tribute to Fancy Pants.

Also thank you very much for all the input on the game! I'll be sure to get to work fixing these bugs.

I came here to say thanks to everyone for all their input and help so far making this game, and I will be giving everyone who has been helping me debug a special thanks in the credits of the finished game!
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

The game description on my website has been updated with a spot for a list of new features and bug fixes in each update and also a list of features that will be added soon! http://bobmania.com/fancyhat.html

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Great game so far. There are a few bugs here and there that others have mentioned, but what really gets to me is the movement; It seems choppy and hard to control. Smoothing it out would be nice. The hit-box for the bats seems a bit wonky as well; I would try to jump on top of the bat, and get knocked to the side without even touching the bat.
(By the way, I don't know how much you can copy from Fancy Pants before getting sued. rofl.)

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

(By the way, I don't know how much you can copy from Fancy Pants before getting sued. rofl.)

XD I am working on replacing the things that were outright stolen from Fancy Pants.

but what really gets to me is the movement

This is something I am working on long term, this is my first game that I am really putting a lot of work into and the char movement is definitely on my list of things to fix.

The hit-box for the bats seems a bit wonky as well;

I don't have the bats 100% figured out yet, but thanks for pointing out that bug.

Thanks for the feedback!
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Just wanted to explain why the new update is taking so long, the following is copied from the blog of my website:

We are very excited to announce that the 1.7 "Fedora" update to the In-Dev game The Fancy Hat Adventures will be the biggest update yet! It will have tons of improvments and new features, such as the long awaited ability to die! Movement is now less sloppy, and a Logo! You can see the logo on the side of this blog-post, there are also many more cool new features that will be coming in the "Fedora" update, so this update will take a bit longer than most have so far, but check back in a few days for a awesome update!

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Also in 1.7 there will be ropes!

In a month or two I will be starting an indiegogo campaign to raise money to hire programmers to make some awesome features, and also an animator to make cut-scenes and improve the graphics.

1.7 will be out at the latest Friday.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

1.7 will be out at the latest Friday.

Today is Friday, but you haven't released 1.7 yet.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

O no Patrick! Maybe he got busy or ran into issues. Really, posting that it is Friday and he hasn't posted will not make him post faster.

Showing 16-30 of 38