ForumsSupport ForumForum Post Alert

6 2014
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Well this happens to me quite a bit and I bet it happens to others. Whenever I am replying to somebody on a particular topic, I see there question and then I type, and while I am typing, someone else already answered it. It gets pretty annoying because you then have to go back in depending on what you were replying to and change it.

So what if there was an alert that came up when you hit submit saying there was a post, it could then show you the what the post is and allow you to change your post if needed?

I have seen this on another forum, and it lets things run smoothly.

• 6 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well mine as well add the edit button already!

justinS
justinS
64 posts
Nomad

it is quite annyoing huh?

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

That seems pretty complicated...and actually seems like it would be more annoying than anything else. Since every time you post there would be stupid little pop-up...

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

there should be a little thing that tells you tht someone else is about to say that

CokeCokeCoke
CokeCokeCoke
12 posts
Nomad

I think the edit button would be easier. If that happened, you could just go back and edit your own post.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

@ eyetwitch

It wouldn't be every time you post, only if somebody posted while you were typing. It can't really be that complicated, I have seen it on a number of forums

@KHROME

Haha, now that would be hard.

Showing 1-6 of 6