ForumsSupport ForumNew computer, Old games

5 2391
StarfireTBT
StarfireTBT
10 posts
Shepherd

I bought a new computer a while ago and lost all my old game saves, some of those games I had been playing for over a year. Is there a way to find where armor games saves the game data and transfer it over to my new computer?

I think the games might be stored under "temporary internet files" but I don't know which file holds the data for the games on armorgames.com or for that matter if they are transferable.

• 5 Replies
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yes, you can do that.
Depending on the operating system you are using,on that old computer,
location is:

For Windows XP operating system:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\*look for explanation*\\Application Data\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#SharedObjects\\ (and then look for Armor games folders:
agi.armorgames.com
armorgames.com
cache.armorgames.com

*look for explanation* means your user name on Computer (name that is registered). If you do not know which is, do this, Right-click on icon My Computer,go to properties,when it opens see what it says on the field
*registered to*

If you are unable to see the 'Application Data' folder you will need to go to (Double-click on My Computer) 'Tools', 'Folder Options', 'View' (Tab), and check the 'Show hidden files and folders' option.

For Windows Vista operating system:

C:\\\\Users\\\\*look for explanation*\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\Macromedia\\\\Flash Player\\\\#SharedObjects

Everything else is the same.
The same principle applies to other Windows operating systems.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Well explained.

To add, it gets described for non-Windows systems as well at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_shared_object#File_locations .

StarfireTBT
StarfireTBT
10 posts
Shepherd

My old computer is a windows vista and my new computer is a windows 7

StarfireTBT
StarfireTBT
10 posts
Shepherd

will it still work if they are two different operating systems?

StarfireTBT
StarfireTBT
10 posts
Shepherd

I found the folder on my new computer, it was under
(c>users>*my registered name*>appdata>roaming>macromedia>flashplayer>
#sharedobjects>AVTQH3WM>cache.armorgames.com>files>games so a little different.

I also found out that my messing around with my old computer by doing stupid stuff like storing internet files on an external harddrive has erases my old games. But its nice to know that if I get a new computer they will transfer over, that is if they can with a new operating system.

Showing 1-5 of 5