Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

But What was the Cause/Reason?

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 9:58pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

I've always had a fun little habit of looking back on interests or friends of mine, and reflecting upon how or why the thing in question became an interest of mine or friend of mine (or, came into my life).

It can be quite interesting at times, thinking back and realizing "wow! So if I hadn't done x, or because x happened, I discovered y!".
Example
A band I like, Dir en Grey. My discovery of them happened as follows:
One random day, I decided to watch Smosh videos..probably out of some nostalgia whenever watched them in their early days. I watched a couple, and after their incessant badgering to visit their website (happens at the end of each of their videos), I crumbled and checked it out. They had some of those "15 things that blah blah", and one of them was of odd band names. I flipped through the list, and stumbled upon a Japanese band called "Electric Toilet"..or some ****. I, for some odd reason, decided to check them out..but while listening..a majority of the comments on the Youtube video stated that Dir en Grey was much better. At first, I ignored it..but the comments were on more than one song..so I decided I might as well check out this other band. Because of this, Dir en Grey is happily in my life.

So, I implore you all...share some stories of how certain things in your life came to be a part of your life.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 10:04pm

daleks

daleks

3,707 posts

If my friend had't suggested getting an AG account for SSL I would have never gotten one and therefore never met you guys.

If I hadn't moved around a bunch as a kid I would not have all these experiences and know all of my great friends.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 10:26pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,797 posts

Knight

Mine is the same as daleks.

A long time ago, a friend showed me a game on this site. Blah blah blah I loved the game, blah blah blah I searched the game and went to this website.

So if a friend hadn't showed me that game I wouldn't be here.

There's also this one time where Storm got me into Tobuscus, but that's another story.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 10:53pm

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

372 posts

I actually discovered Armor Games in late 2010, but I made an account four months ago today. The reason I made an account in the first place was because of when I played Exit Path 2. I had reached Level 32 before I made my account. That's how I got my Armor Games account.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 8:28am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

531 posts

Got into Streetlight Manifesto because I used to play Tony Hawks Pro Skater back in the day. They had the song "Superman" by goldfinger on there and I decided to look up the genre. Turned out to be ska and partydevil has led me to streetlight.

THPS was the first game where I completed 100% two games of a series.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 9:13am

ImKyle

ImKyle

3 posts

Improv comedy.

Around three years ago, when I was fourteen I just happened to stumble upon a show called "Whose Line Is it Anyway?" I was kind of feeling down at the time because I had just "broke up" with my so called "friends". However, after watching the show, do you know what I discovered?

ONE OF THE GOD **** BEST SHOWS EVER!

It was amazing. I loved every second of every single show and I must have watched at least 20 hours of the show within that weekend. So, straight after my marathon I immediately joined an improv group. I was the youngest of the group and really shy but I tried extra hard to get to know the group. Slowly but surely I warmed up and eventually I stopped being the noob, went to regular, to experienced, and now to veteran.

One of THE best decisions of my life.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 8:14pm

daleks

daleks

3,707 posts

I just happened to stumble upon a show called "Whose Line Is it Anyway?"

Best show ever, right? It is coming back you know.

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 2:24am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

115 posts

I Don't like pangtongshu!
THERE I SAID IT!

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 2:35am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

BRF321JOJO, what was the cause/reason for this disliking?

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 2:46am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

I Don't like pangtongshu!

=D

what was the cause/reason for this disliking?

*looks at thread title*
That's referring to what I made! =D

Reply to But What was the Cause/Reason?

You must be logged in to post a reply!