ForumsPopular MediaRight now I'm listening to...

7306 1648980
thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

Ok, in this thread you simply post whatever bands, songs, or playlists you've been listening to recently. I don't believe this is a duplicate thread but I'm sorry if it is. One rule though- don't be a music snob/ elitist. A bit of debate is fine, but don't bully anyone out of the thread. If we're all respectful and open-minded, this is a great way to share music and maybe try something new.

The past few days I've been listening to a few songs by Wintersleep: "Nothing is Anything (Without You)" , "Weighty Ghost", and "Laser Beams." Aside from those, I haven't had much of a craving for anything in particular in the past few days and I've been using shuffle on my iPod.

• 7,306 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

A few twists & corners later, Eddie Vedder, "Long Nights." Hadn't known it; nice 1.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... Then how's about (for some reason) Mother's Finest's Baby Love, btw.

That Vedder somehow reminded me of Eins Zwei & The Parallel Cinema's Cocaine. (Currently appears on their own site, too, but it seems the deeplink leads to a pay version (?))

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Eins Zwei & The Parallel Cinema's Cocaine.

Can be seen live in short form here, btw: http://www.parallelcinema.nl/de-wereld-draait-door-de-minuut/#more-187 . It's the first clip there, the song starts at around 01:30.

This (Dutch) project (the core group varies its name with each project I think, they were known before as Eins, Zwei Orchestra. Here teamed up with How To Throw a Christmas Party) is about a fusion of Indie pop/rock with Bollywood classics; as they explain there, the song is about an actor hitting on rough times. (Subtitled "Don't Come Near Me" here, not on the album.) This popular Dutch TV show regularly features bands, often little known before, giving them a one-minute shot in the spotlights.

The second clip is I think off the top of my head a song of theirs called "Curry Western."
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Eddie Vedder

very nice, thx ^^

Six Days - Mos Def ft. DJ Shadow
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head

An old classic.
I'm listening to Nothing by Nobody.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Never knew Murray had moved on after JCS.

Anti-Nowhere League, "Streets of London."

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Right now? Deadmau5-There Might Be Coffee... I like coffee...and also black rose armatars.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Club Des Belugas - Hip Hip Chin Chin

Fantastic! -- where's me two thumbs up smiley

It's a little early in the day here for this, but, if you have fifty minutes to spare: Einstürzende Neubauten, 1/2 Mensch.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Linton Kwesi Johnson, "Two Sides of Silence."

-- "Bass Culture."

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Poison - Nothing But a Good Time

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Club Des Belugas

Do you know this album, btw: Mambo Fever.
Showing 46-60 of 7306