ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPics 'N Stuff, by Xeano

17 12673
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Three years, 2,000 forum posts, as well as a boatload of memories (some funny, some weird, all rather meaningful.)

Anyway, this thread is going to signify the beginning of a new era for me on AG. This thread commences the start of my personal increase of activity to ALL sections on AG, rather then just the Tavern. My accomplishment of this feat wont be quick, but I do expect to at least be posting around one post a day per section by the end of August.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea whether photography is really considered art (I've read many articles on this subject, and have yet to find an obvious answer.) Whether it is or isn't, it's really the only art like skill that I have, so I might as well present a few of them to you guys:

First off, I would like to present my assistant. My Canon PowerShot SX130 IS. This thing is amazing! I couldn't ask for more out of a 200 dollar camera (it's almost like I own a DSLR.)

http://images01.olx.com.pk/ui/13/20/32/1350224945_441191832_3-Canon-Powershot-Sx130-is-Karachi.jpg
-
Here is a few of my better pictures from the last few years, all were taken at random when I felt like it.

(I wont actually post the pictures, but rather a direct link, so I can officially say they are unedited.)

*Lightning 1
*Lightning 2
*Bird
*Flowers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may even get around to writing a few stories. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks to all of you guys for making my 2,000 posts so enjoyable. You guys (E.G. other currently active users) are the best I've met on the internet. =D

• 17 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Dude..dude..the lightning..dude..holy ****

Do you know how rare that is to get a picture of lightning?

Thanks to all of you guys for making my 2,000 posts so enjoyable. You guys (E.G. other currently active users) are the best I've met on the internet. =D

You're welcome
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Dude..dude..the lightning..dude

Those two pictures took about an hour, plus close to 500 failed shots. That was quite the experience.

Do you know how rare that is to get a picture of lightning?

Heck yeah! A storm like that one only comes along once a year... It stayed in one spot, it didn't move at all for a few hours. That really helped in my attempt.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Here is another picture I got of the Solar eclipse of May 20th, 2012. I got quite a few others as well. (Size is merely reduced on this one.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Solar_Eclipse_May20_2012_62.jpg/800px-Solar_Eclipse_May20_2012_62.jpg

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Here is another picture I got of the Solar eclipse of May 20th, 2012.

I'd give anything to see one of those in real life. I've only seen a couple of lunar eclipses and they don't look even half as good as solar eclipses. Where are the other pictures you have of the eclipse?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Where are the other pictures you have of the eclipse?

I will post more. This is just the best one.
Raynethx
Raynethx
50 posts
Nomad

it looks like reminds me of heroes

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I will post more. This is just the best one.

Ok'd.

it looks like reminds me of heroes

What's heroes?
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Nice pictures. I ecspecially like the eclipse.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Nice pictures. I ecspecially like the eclipse.

Thank you. I'm glad you have enough sense to appreciate them.

I'm a little delayed by work, so I wont get any new ones posted for a day or two.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Here is a few more eclipse pics:

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Fireworks, and a blue moon! (Fireworks are from last year. I didn't get any this year because they started the show 1 hour before they were supposed to and I missed it.)

Fireworks 1, 2, 3

Blue moon.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That is a pretty great camera. And good pictures. I have a 70 dollar Samsung camera and it's not nearly as good... I'd kill to have a good camera like that. (but smaller)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That is a pretty great camera. And good pictures. I have a 70 dollar Samsung camera and it's not nearly as good... I'd kill to have a good camera like that. (but smaller)

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It's just a plain Point-N-Shoot camera. It's not even huge, no big lenses, nothing!
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It's not even huge, no big lenses, nothing!

Oh okay I see. I thought it looked like a camera with a big lense. And I couldn't tell from the picture angle if it was or not but thanks for clarifying.
Showing 1-15 of 17