ForumsNews and FeedbackA Better Quoting System.

6 3892
fst_six
fst_six
15 posts
Nomad

It's nearly impossible to keep track of every post you make, while it's always nice to see when people respond to you.

Perhaps rather than having just a copy/paste quoting system you could actually click a post to quote it. Users could have the option to be notified when they've been quoted and are provided to a link to the post where they've been quoted.

I know this must have been suggested somewhere else, but come on, this community is dying and I really don't want to see it just die. Anything which helps make the forums out should be at least considered, not just "considered".

• 6 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's supposed to be coming along with a few other updates. AG3 is (slowly) getting here, you know.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I actually like the current quote system. The one on Kongregate, for example, is annoying to use and is nonspecific. IF you decide to quote them, it selects the entire post...including those that they quoted. It quickly escalates into a huge, confusing quote chain that gets nothing done.

Highlight, ctrl + c, ctrl + v into box, highlight and click quote, and you can easily pick and choose what relevant parts to quote.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Selecting parts is easier for making direct, specific points. Maybe a "show the full comment" would be nice in case of context issues, but it's usually only a page or two back.

IF you decide to quote them, it selects the entire post

It would kinda suck to quote someone like Mage where it's a wall of info with many points every time.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Battle.net has a pretty decent one.

There is a quote button at the bottom of the post for quoting the whole thing, or you can just highlight the selected text and a button will appear that will allow you to quote just that section

best of all, it says who you quoted in your post.

~~~Darth Caedus

fst_six
fst_six
15 posts
Nomad

Would be best to use a system which only includes the text/content in the post you quote and not the posts they've quoted.

Showing 1-5 of 6