ForumsSupport ForumA Guide To What Spam Is.

25 5465
pc123
pc123
146 posts
Shepherd

A Guide To What Spam Is

Spam is something that is pointless and not needed.
Spam is a pointless commit, example: hi, DUDE!, wuz up!!, ect..
Spam comes from people that don't care about what every one else thinks...

you may add to this.

• 25 Replies
eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Spam includes 1-6 word comments on the Forums.
Spam includes messaging someone you have had 0 contact with before the message.

Dan_Paladin
Dan_Paladin
4 posts
Nomad

Spam also includes comments that don't add much to the conversation.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This is spam.

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

spam is also adding pointles opinions just to gain AP

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

What is spam?

[quote="Spamabuse.net"]Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems.

Email spam targets individual users with direct mail messages. Email spam lists are often created by scanning Usenet postings, stealing Internet mailing lists, or searching the Web for addresses. Email spams typically cost users money out-of-pocket to receive. Many people - anyone with measured phone service - read or receive their mail while the meter is running, so to speak. Spam costs them additional money. On top of that, it costs money for ISPs and online services to transmit spam, and these costs are transmitted directly to subscribers.

One particularly nasty variant of email spam is sending spam to mailing lists (public or private email discussion forums.) Because many mailing lists limit activity to their subscribers, spammers will use automated tools to subscribe to as many mailing lists as possible, so that they can grab the lists of addresses, or use the mailing list as a direct target for their attacks. [/quote]

http://spam.abuse.net

armorfighterXg10
armorfighterXg10
44 posts
Nomad

spam are usless word and should be reported and deleted.
Also a noob spam is spaming your own profile.

KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Klaushouse said,
This is spam.

That is exactly what spam is a useless post with 3 words it really should be more than 7 words for it not to be spam but there is other ways its spam even if you use alot of words!
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yes Klaus please give a reason why its spam!

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think Klaus' message was actually funny, whether or not it was intended.

Spam is a little different here than it is out in the big ol' internet world. Writing "good game" for a comment, or saying "hi" on someones page are both considered spam. Also, a long comment can be considered spam, if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand! There is sometimes a foggy area between spam and non, but if you have any questions about it, always feel free to ask a moderator! And keep spreading the word about how not to spam, this is a great thread, though I'm not too sure where it would belong in the forums...

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

dont forgot
Spam is chainmails.

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Oshimoto said,

dont forgot
Spam is chainmails.

Well we're talking talking about on websites not armour,so if you like post about the spam we're talking about!

/Elastergirl\\

pc123
pc123
146 posts
Shepherd

Ok this is a guide to spam, NOT! a spamming hall, there should be NO spam in here at all.

this is a great thread, though I'm not too sure where it would belong in the forums...

and I'm not sure if this belongs in here either so i just put it in here. And agian, Dont Spam
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Also, spam is a bunch of meat cutted and put in a container.

OK, theirs a saying from I think it was Plokkey.

Apparently spam may be the most dangerous, fast spreading disease known to AG.
Spamming may cause many thought problems and loss of intelligence. Common symptoms are memory loss, annoyingness, loss of Armor Points, and even BANNAGE.
Please Contact your local AG Administrator or Moderator.
The only known cure for spammage is encouragement and punishment.
Please try not to spread this disease!

Learn from Plokkey's words and learn not to spam!

Ribery
Ribery
39 posts
Nomad

I do suggest that these ides could be put onto the rules page, as to what spam actually is. When people read the rules, all it says is -No spam (Duh!). Actually, we could add some listings to what spam actually is.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol mine was intended to be a joke and a useless guide to see what spam is. Because it was spam. :]
Hope you enjoyed it.

Showing 1-15 of 25