Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Camping

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 11:34pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,115 posts

Discuss your camping trips here and how much fun and exciting they were for you.

I'll go first:

Koda camp July 7-12: A camp where only kids with deaf parents are allowed(its not that we don't trust anyone with hearing parents, its just that many of us have been bullied because of this).

Entertainment: It was awesome really, we got to climb, do archery, zip lines, swimming, etc. There was nothing there that wasn't fun.

Staff: They're really friendly, they're so awesome and funny. They even encouraged the little ones to do the more extreme stuff, which was really kind of them.

Campers: Some of them were fun and awesome, but there were also some that annoyed me so much I wanted to commit suicide. Although the little ones, who were like 8 or 9, were so cute. One time we were playing sharks and minnows and I was chasing one of the cute ones, then all of a sudden he stopped and begged me to let him cross on the other side. Well at this point I felt guilty and let him cross. So the campers were pretty good I'd say.

Food: The food was pretty good and tasty, although because of the little ones they take like 3 things at a time, so I always end up with like one thing. What they need to do is add bigger portions to their food.

Overall this camp was fantastic. It made me want to come back next year, which I will of course.

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 11:48pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

587 posts

My favorite camping trip was in a resort in Southern Utah. Not a big camper here.

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 3:36am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

Going camping with some friends later this month...should be fun

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 7:47am

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Accidentally went to a Christian church camp once...apparently Killersup's mother could not read the large black letters on the second page. That was...a bad week.

The food wasn't horrible, and the activities were fun. However, after every single meal for like...forty five minutes they lectured everyone in the cafeteria about their religion. Also, the older teenagers at the camp played freeze tag in the middle of the night, while Killersup's group got to play " pass the ball in a circle". While they watched the old kids have fun.

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 9:59am

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

I never got to go to a summer camp as a child...
Now I make up for it by backpacking as much as I can. My favorite trip was probably a four night thing across this deserted, pristine island in Queensland. Lots of rainforest and amazing beaches and waterfalls, and I only saw maybe five other people (besides my hiking partner) the entire time. And we didn't even die of thirst, even though all the water sources at the far end of the island were all dried up.

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 3:37am

alfiesw

alfiesw

6 posts

i went to canada to camp and it was really fun 'nuff said

Posted Jul 15, '13 at 10:22pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

i went to canada to camp and it was really fun 'nuff said

That hurt to read. >_

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 6:05pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

I think camping is crappy tbh you sleep in a tent which is generally cold and uncomfortable and you just end up going elsewhere anyway.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 6:19pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,115 posts

you sleep in a tent which is generally cold and uncomfortable and you just end up going elsewhere anyway.

Not all camps have tents. Koda camp has cabins and so do many other camps. Plus that was your fault you were cold, I slept in a tent in the winter and was very warm.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 7:04pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

Not all camps have tents. Koda camp has cabins and so do many other camps. Plus that was your fault you were cold, I slept in a tent in the winter and was very warm.

I get the feeling he didn't CHOOSE to sleep in a tent.

Reply to Camping

You must be logged in to post a reply!