ForumsThe TavernCamping

17 5023
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Discuss your camping trips here and how much fun and exciting they were for you.

I'll go first:

Koda camp July 7-12: A camp where only kids with deaf parents are allowed(its not that we don't trust anyone with hearing parents, its just that many of us have been bullied because of this).

Entertainment: It was awesome really, we got to climb, do archery, zip lines, swimming, etc. There was nothing there that wasn't fun.

Staff: They're really friendly, they're so awesome and funny. They even encouraged the little ones to do the more extreme stuff, which was really kind of them.

Campers: Some of them were fun and awesome, but there were also some that annoyed me so much I wanted to commit suicide. Although the little ones, who were like 8 or 9, were so cute. One time we were playing sharks and minnows and I was chasing one of the cute ones, then all of a sudden he stopped and begged me to let him cross on the other side. Well at this point I felt guilty and let him cross. So the campers were pretty good I'd say.

Food: The food was pretty good and tasty, although because of the little ones they take like 3 things at a time, so I always end up with like one thing. What they need to do is add bigger portions to their food.

Overall this camp was fantastic. It made me want to come back next year, which I will of course.

• 17 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

My favorite camping trip was in a resort in Southern Utah. Not a big camper here.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Going camping with some friends later this month...should be fun

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Accidentally went to a Christian church camp once...apparently Killersup's mother could not read the large black letters on the second page. That was...a bad week.

The food wasn't horrible, and the activities were fun. However, after every single meal for like...forty five minutes they lectured everyone in the cafeteria about their religion. Also, the older teenagers at the camp played freeze tag in the middle of the night, while Killersup's group got to play " pass the ball in a circle". While they watched the old kids have fun.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I never got to go to a summer camp as a child...
Now I make up for it by backpacking as much as I can. My favorite trip was probably a four night thing across this deserted, pristine island in Queensland. Lots of rainforest and amazing beaches and waterfalls, and I only saw maybe five other people (besides my hiking partner) the entire time. And we didn't even die of thirst, even though all the water sources at the far end of the island were all dried up.

alfiesw
alfiesw
6 posts
Shepherd

i went to canada to camp and it was really fun 'nuff said

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

i went to canada to camp and it was really fun 'nuff said

That hurt to read. >_<

Anyways, my uncle is a BSA guy and he loves camping. Sometimes he convinces the whole family to go on a camping trip. First of all, my tent was on a hill and there is absolutely no grip on the floor of a tent. Second of all, my uncle made this funky jambalaya and the rice wasn't cooked all the way, but I was hungry and ate it anyway. That night after rolling around on the floor of the tent, I stumbled to the nasty a** bathroom and blew chunks everywhere.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I think camping is crappy tbh you sleep in a tent which is generally cold and uncomfortable and you just end up going elsewhere anyway.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

you sleep in a tent which is generally cold and uncomfortable and you just end up going elsewhere anyway.

Not all camps have tents. Koda camp has cabins and so do many other camps. Plus that was your fault you were cold, I slept in a tent in the winter and was very warm.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Not all camps have tents. Koda camp has cabins and so do many other camps. Plus that was your fault you were cold, I slept in a tent in the winter and was very warm.

I get the feeling he didn't CHOOSE to sleep in a tent.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I get the feeling he didn't CHOOSE to sleep in a tent.

There weren't tents at all.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So apparently the place we are going to be staying at for the camping trip is owned by one of the girl's family members...and she wants us to pay her $5.

Ha
Hahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Tell her you'll pay on the condition that the money go to camping "supplies".

(That means booze. Or marshmallows. Whatever.)

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Thats not what I would class as camping thats going to camp which are two different things IMO camping is when you go on holiday and sleep in a tent where going to camp is going to a camp where groups of other people go to an area generally with activities set up around.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Tell her you'll pay on the condition that the money go to camping "supplies".

Two of my friends are the only other ones in disagreement of paying with me, they also to be the two I'm tenting up with. One is actually going to bring a crap-ton of snacks, drinks, possibly booze, etc..and he said what he is going to do is that if she demands we pay when the camping trip comes up, then he shan't let her have any supplies.

Looks like all the marshmallows are going to me
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

camping is when you go on holiday and sleep in a tent

That's also the same as going to a camp.

going to camp is going to a camp where groups of other people go to an area generally with activities set up around.

That is also the same as camping.

A summer camp is no different from regular camping, besides there being more people.
Showing 1-15 of 17