ForumsGamesMMO games to play with my daughter

6 4377
intrafinesse
intrafinesse
1 posts
Bard

My daughter is 15. Can anyone suggest some MMO games I can play with her? I'd like to downplay just killing stuff, and emphasize exploring and building.

• 6 Replies
jambola2
jambola2
24 posts
Nomad

Most MMO games are murderous..

There are two genres which come to mind which do not involve such -
Farming games and its derivatives. (Farmville)
Social Games that are not actually games but social networks with an amount of games. ( most known example is IMVU )

If you and her mainly plan to play together , search for a any game that can be played by multiple players on a single network or multiple controllers.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

If it's just to play with her, you could consider some sandbox games like Minecraft or Terraria that you run a local server for. You could give out the IP to friends, too, and have building projects going.

Can't say any actual MMOs spring to mind that aren't focused on defeating mobs, although some are pretty cutesy.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Perhaps ShellShockLive-2? It's not too violent, requires a bit of strategy, and gives some time to chat and have fun.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Terraria is pretty good. More armor upgrading and bosses to take on together than Minecraft.

As others have said, most MMOs are all about killing mobs. WoW, SWTOR, GW2. Unless your guys are into hardcore space accounting you probably won't enjoy Eve.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Terraria is pretty good. More armor upgrading and bosses to take on together than Minecraft.

Whereas Minecraft is more exploration and building, lolol. Both have their qualities and both can be played in a variety of ways, although they are fairly different games.
godsmvp
godsmvp
31 posts
Jester

Try Crystal Saga. It's a fun MMO game. You can also do things together as a group. Hit me up if you do.

Showing 1-6 of 6