ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWhen We Were Young

45 35692
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

When we were young, the laws did not apply to us. When we were young, we made the rules. When we were young, the world was exciting. When we were young, we ruled the world. When we were young, the world was perfect. When we were young, we were the world.

When We Were Young is a ten-part series looking into how eighters are so much better than everyone else, better than niners, tenners, eleveners, twelvers, and every teener to come who think their time on Armor Games was the most important. (Hint: You're wrong.) The story unfolds in an extremely biased but undeniably true albeit poorly researched narrative filtered through rosy lenses across the span of the golden year and the unnotable years that followed. By referencing specific moments from Armor Games Forum history without referring to specific usernames, it filters out the eighters from the haters, because if you don't know, you're just not cool enough to know and if you do and you're not an eighter, you're just a poser.

Face the truth on some random day at some random hour, starting some day after today.

• 45 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

You're free to use howmanyghosts to find the curve of users joining.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So..um..why was my post deleted? Doesn't really seem necessary

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

What? I'm fairly certain you didn't start posting until April, so yea, February was definitely better even though February was the beginning of the Drama. It's probably you're fault.

Possibly.

I think this counts as irony.

Ouch ouch ouch. I'm not as stupid as I was when I first got here. I don't even remember that thread. The sight of me back then makes me shudder.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Why are you complaining about it pang? That doesn't seem necessary.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Not complaining..just questioning, saying as how my post fit with the thread and what is going on in here

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

how it was really unfair to have Zophia enter art contests

Part of me wants to go back to the "Draw that Pokemon/Fakemon!" And see how many times Zoph and Cenere won, but the other part of me doesn't want to dig theough those two behemoths of a thread.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

^According to statistics, Salvidian is likely to cause drama that will go down in Jun13 - Dec13. There's just something about 'opular' male users under the age of 18 that start with a capital 'S' that screams 'switch on the drama queen train!' This means he's going to slip up and the mods will expose his fraud with the evidence they've already gathered, but he will try to garner all the attention he can and try to turn the community against the moderators.

I am shocked that such a prestigious and admirable member of the Armor Games population decided to write about me. And with such accuracy and beauty! I am utterly blown away.

Thank you, master.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You're free to use howmanyghosts to find the curve of users joining.

I have numbers I scraped from celebration threads, which match up with yours. The last number I have is 2 million right around the end of 2011.

So..um..why was my post deleted? Doesn't really seem necessary

I haven't done any deleting in this thread except when I screwed up formatting in Part I, but your post is gone. Dunno if the forums ate it or if someone deleted it.

Ouch ouch ouch. I'm not as stupid as I was when I first got here. I don't even remember that thread. The sight of me back then makes me shudder.

If we can't face our past, then how do we live with ourselves now? I remember a lot things people don't. Heck, I'm writing this entire thing mostly from memory.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

[quote]To be fair, a lot of my humor is lost on a lot of people on hilarious levels of irony, because I'm on a level beyond.

No no..Sal and I at least get what is going on. Keep it coming[/quote]

No, really. A lot of my humor is lost on a lot of people on hilarious levels of irony, because I'm on a level beyond.

Part II will be released later this month.*

*or next month, but definitely sometime this year. Cross your fingers!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

No, really. A lot of my humor is lost on a lot of people on hilarious levels of irony, because I'm on a level beyond.

Whoa bruh, way to be living in the past B-)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I was almost an eighter. :'<

Good lord, now I remember my Armor Games Facist Party thread in the WERP D:, my first WERP Thread. Hopefully no one finds that nonsense in its dark grave.

Can't wait for Part II

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Strange, my post got eaten?

I was almost an eighter. :'>.
Can't wait for Part II!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I was almost an eighter. :'>.

Almost is not being one :^)

Sekret club for 8rs unlee
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Almost is not being one :^)

Sekret club for 8rs unlee

Nuuuu.......ten days.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Nuuuu.......ten days.

I know that feel. 11 days from being a 7r.
Showing 31-45 of 45