ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Fictional Character!

300 101696
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

This is (obviously) the fictional edition of my other hit thread, Name That Dead Guy!

This has similar rules to the other one but with a few changes to make things fair. You are not allowed to use a dead from a book/movie/whatever as your dead guy and say he's dead only because the book/movie/whatever takes place in a time that ensure's he's dead by now. If you're doing someone from, say Lord of the Rings or Elder Scrolls lore however, then that's a different story assuming that they're dead by the time of another book/game.

It's not a rule, but please be considerate of other people. If you have any decency then you won't pick a character from a new and trending show/movie/whatever (I.E. try not to spoil things).

People who are dead in the beginning of a crime solving show and have no real part are strictly prohibited as that would just be cruel.

The other rules are in the other thread which I linked to. I can't think of any other rules at the moment, if I do I'll post them.

Right, so I don't read all that much, there are only a few fictional things that interest me too terribly much and some of that will be pretty easy, and I don't want that, so I'll probably be sticking mostly to obscure (but not too obscure) Elder Scrolls characters. Whether they are just in lore or in the games.

I am thinking of a dead lady from the Elder Scrolls, not exactly obscure, but I rather doubt it'll be quickly guessed. For this one, I even allow you to use the Elder Scrolls wiki as an aid for your guessing. Good luck and good guessing!

• 300 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Is the multiplayer co-op focused?
Is it human Vs alien?
Is the game itself an offshoot?
Starcraft (how should I know if it has a story without google?)?
A most (if not all) of the fighting in spaceships?
Are there any dogfights at all?
Do you control a single unit at a time or do you just give say a squad general orders?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Starcraft (how should I know if it has a story without google?)?
yes

Is the multiplayer co-op focused?
no'

Is the game itself an offshoot?
no

A most (if not all) of the fighting in spaceships?
Are there any dogfights at all?
no, but you can build spaceships

Do you control a single unit at a time or do you just give say a squad general orders?
you can order around singular units

p.s. I'm seriously wondering the value of answering those questions besides the starcraft one.

~~~Darth Caedus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

p.s. I'm seriously wondering the value of answering those questions besides the starcraft one.

They may in some small way help me to figure out what game series it is if I had heard of it, which I have.....But I've never played Starcraft before, so I'm totally clueless without Google.

~Manly
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Well it's been over 25 outs since the last post, so would anyone truly hate me if I googled the Starcraft characters?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

25 outs
outs? what is an out? hour?

I wouldn't mind, I would do the same, and as far as I know there isn't a rule against it.

~~~Darth Caedus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Horace Warfield?
Samir Duran?
Gabriel Tosh?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Samir Duran?
Some still don't acknowledge that he was actually Narud.

Gabriel Tosh?
Tosh? That noob couldn't even properly avoid a ghost.

Horace Warfield?
This guy once punched out a hydralisk (really scary zerg unit), and as he lay dying tried to shoot the leader of the zerg swarm, congratulations you have found my man

I guess they decided to commemorate that moment with a statue.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_KLq43FnruI/UYL5ul8p9CI/AAAAAAAAAHw/nmeVgjLISVE/s1600/HyderabadStatue2.png

~~~Darth Caedus
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I wish I could remember his name, but the Protoss who sacrificed himself to kill the Overmind?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I wish I could remember his name, but the Protoss who sacrificed himself to kill the Overmind?
Manly already got it (Gen. Warfield)

and tassadar is an alien (eliminated first page of this round)

~~~Darth Caedus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I'm thinking of a dead lady from a TV show.

~Manly

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

black?
white?
Was she under or over the age of 40?
Was the show produced before or after 1980?

~~~Darth Caedus

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

black?
white?

She is white (I think) but she never looked like she was from the country that she was to me.
Was she under or over the age of 40?
Was the show produced before or after 1980?

Under.No.

~Manly
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Under.No.
So someone under 40 in a show produced in 1980?

~~~Darth Caedus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Oops, I mean under and after. Under 40, after 1980.

Edit: Oh yeah, for some reason I keep forgetting that you're guessing the character and not the actress. Yes, she is supposed to be white, the actress is white but she never really looked like she was from the country that both the actress and the character were born in.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Was the show produced primarily in 2010s?
2000s?
1990s?
or 1980s?
Walking Dead?
Game of Thrones?

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 166-180 of 300